My 'new' engine/trans

-
Things seem to be OK so, I'll be out testing this weekend. Here's a short after taking it around the block...

"480" -1 heads .840 roller KB block (low deck) about 14.5:1 Cam is about 285 @ 050 Nothing exotic but I've put some attention to details.

MilAM24asap.jpg

What main body is that for your carb ?
They look very tall or is their a spacer between the body and plate ?
They are the old proform '750' bodies. The lid on the INDY TR has approx 1/2 raised mounting surface below that I have 1/2" Wilson anti-reversion plates which should be used on every line-of-sight intake that uses a carb IMO. I made my own spacer for the LID because the plenum is small and the is .750" ...it's all I could fit. For the record, to their credit, the INDY RB crossram and all the MODMANs I've seen have the anti-reversion plate cast into the lids.

They are the old proform '750' bodies. The lid on the INDY TR has approx 1/2 raised mounting surface below that I have 1/2" Wilson anti-reversion plates which should be used on every line-of-sight intake that uses a carb IMO. I made my own spacer for the LID because the plenum is small and the is .750" ...it's all I could fit. For the record, to their credit, the INDY RB crossram and all the MODMANs I've seen have the anti-reversion plate cast into the lids.

One of my regrets in life is I never really got to make a good pass with my Indy Tunnel ram on my Daytona. I had it set up with two 1150 carbs and it sounded great and ran great to for about 330 feet. My vent tubes were to close to the top of my scoop. I bought a bigger scoop at Norwalk but never installed it. This intake was all cut apart and modified inside with lots of work.

Any luck racing this weekend?
No luck racing, I had several leaks. The valley on one bank and the inspection cover fasteners. While the intake was off saw that the TD stand bolts were leaking oil into the intake ports. Also, took the valvecovers off to check lash and saw severe moisture ..ooooof! Two 'dog pellets' and retorqued the head gaskets. Not sure if it's all fixed now but it's back together. Tried to get out yesterday but the tracks within 3 hrs drive were closed for rain. It's been trying my skills and time between the car and trailer and 'support' pit quad but I'm persevering.

One of my regrets in life is I never really got to make a good pass with my Indy Tunnel ram on my Daytona. I had it set up with two 1150 carbs and it sounded great and ran great to for about 330 feet. My vent tubes were to close to the top of my scoop. I bought a bigger scoop at Norwalk but never installed it. This intake was all cut apart and modified inside with lots of work.
I have 2 4150 '1050' bodies and fancy baseplates to go on next. They have annular boosters so if switch to oxygenated fuel they'll lend themselves to that. 4500's would probably be faster but the hoodscoop and everything else is set up around 4150's.

No luck racing, I had several leaks. The valley on one bank and the inspection cover fasteners. While the intake was off saw that the TD stand bolts were leaking oil into the intake ports. Also, took the valvecovers off to check lash and saw severe moisture ..ooooof! Two 'dog pellets' and retorqued the head gaskets. Not sure if it's all fixed now but it's back together. Tried to get out yesterday but the tracks within 3 hrs drive were closed for rain. It's been trying my skills and time between the car and trailer and 'support' pit quad but I'm persevering.

Dang man that sucks, I’m happy to hear you got it buttoned up. Fingers crossed for this weekend

-
Back