My new Isky solid flat tappit cam (video)

-
Just going to say watch out for detonation, oil might seep in to the cylinders but with 110 octane and 10 to 1 compression, you got way enough octane to play around with.

Never knew that about the plugs, yeah lead gas makes plug reading easy, why not lock the timing out since your running racing gas ? the 108 centers is why it doesn't idle so slowly but should work great with only 10 to 1 compression, sounds like a prefect combo

Slow idling speeds are hard on the cam anyways

I have heard about oil being drawn into the intake guides without seals ,but i know a few other racers that are running without seals as well and getting by with it.I will watch detonation real close though.Im running the 110 mainly cuz it is alot more consistant that the ethenol pump stuff in my area.Also i live near a dirt track and there is a station that sells it out of the pump for $5.99 a gal here in town.I must admit i like the smell of it as well ,lol .The old timer that showed me the timing on the plug strap trick passed away many years ago ,but was a pretty smart man on race motors (even though he could barely read and write) ...

5.99 for 110 Fuel is CHEAP compared to California prices Damn. It is $8.60 per gallon in a 5 Gallon Jug or $7.12 for a 54 gallon drum. Don't know what it is out of the pump at our local Downs Fueling. I bet it is $9.00 or more.

Went down for a TNT last Friday night to try it out with the new cam and head work.I made 16 passes in the 7.0's (hot laping) trying to get into the 6's .My best/ last pass was a 7.005 before they closed the track .So close but so far ,lol.Im gunna do a bit of carb work to it and try again for that 6.99 slip soon.

My previous best (with the old cam) at the same track in the same exact weather was a 7.13 ,so i picked up nearly a tenth and a half .My mph went from 95-96 to 97-98 as well.

BTW,i spun the 408 to 6500 rpm and was still pulling hard ,but im not gunna find out where it noses over with a stock 5 qaurt pan ,lol ...

-
Back