My new mopar

-

69Drt

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

First off, glad to be a part of this community! I just bought my first mopar, 1969 Dart - aka Deb, named after the woman I bought it from. She's an original /6 GT with pwr steering and brakes.

I'm excited to get underway with my plans for this car. End goal is somewhat of a restomod build, but I'll have to roll this out in stages. Although it's hard to set priorities for this project, I'm leaning towards focusing on the motor/drivetrain, then somewhat simultaneously upgrading the suspension all while trying to source the body pieces that are needed. The build is the fun part anyway, right!?

Anyway, I'm from the motor city and moved to Colorado about 10 years ago. I gave up racing for skiing champagne powder for the past decade. Now that I'm 30, I want to enjoy building another... project :burnout:

My history and knowledge lies underneath the hood of 4 cyl motors, I used to race hondas. I know, kind of the 'white whale' for the Detroit area. But at the time, I really got my rocks off racing muscle cars (Mustangs specifically). Not to say I didn't have a huge appreciation (and still do) for all cars, that was just what tickled my fancy ;) I think deep down inside, I've always wanted a 'real' muscle car, not one that I can go buy off a showroom floor.

Which brings me to the Dart, man I love this car! I chose a mopar as somewhat of a tribute car to my grandfather who worked his whole life at the Chrysler factory in Detroit - he'd love to see that my focus has changed since I was a kid.

Anyway, sorry about the novel. Just thought since you only write one 'welcome wagon' thread, I should take advantage. I look forward to saring my experience with you all and of coarse asking lots of questions in the mean time.

Cheers!

Ohh yeah, here she is...

Welcome
Im new to the Mopar world myself.
So far the community is great and very helpful and understanding to this newbie.
Nice ride !!

Sweet ride. You are going to love her. I sure love mine!

Speaking of Darts, I was at the dealership checking in to have my truck serviced and while sitting in the service rep's office, noticed the October car of the month on his calendar. It was, of course, a 1970 brightly colored and very cool looking Dart. I blurted out cool Dart and the service guy looked at me like I had lost my mind.

Very Nice !! Welcome to the madness from the East Coast.

Welcome aboard, take a look around and enjoy the great tech's and folks gathered here.
Nice Dart!!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, from the dirty south all the way up to Canada ehh!

@70 Dart Mike - I'm sure you know how pictures don't tell the full story. She needs some rust repair on the body and she's only getting compression in 5/6 cylinders right now due to a blown exhaust valve. And that's just where the list begins. She's in good shape but no show car.

wow nice car. welcome to the site from ct. i also grew up in the detroit area and worked for gm 31 years.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 197
So, I got another mopar, lol. Well, kind of a mopar... Lets call it a cross dressing mopar! It's a 1989 Dodge Ram50 aka Mitsubishi Mighty Max. And I named her Cinnamon, picture explains why.

I picked her up for cheap and put a new Weber 32/36 carb on which helped resolve a lot of the issues the truck was having when I bought it. It was my first carb instal and with a little help went pretty smooth. She's not the prettiest, but damn she's clean. No rust whatsoever.

Next hurdle is to try and get her to pass emissions! The truck comes with vacuum lines from hell, it was like an octopus under the hood when I opened it for the first time. So, we tried to leave some of the more crucial vacuum lines installed (for visibility), but got rid of a lot of 'extra' waste when installing the new carb. I'll be heading into a testing facility today or tomo, fingers crossed.

The main reason I got this truck is so I quit driving the Dart and begin working on her. As I mentioned, the motor/drivetrain is my first priority. I have already started sourcing some body parts as well. I picked up two factory steel doors (actually my Dad did for me) out in Detroit with no rust for $125! Couldn't pass that deal up. Soon, I will be asking a lot of questions in regards to the motor swap. Saving funds in the meantime!

Cheers mates!

image1-1_zpsh8bzz5qd.jpg

image2_zpskq2xuty2.jpg

-
Back