my new project, triple black 71 wedge clone

-
Some new updates, painted the steel rims black base clear, and finished the trunk lid. Getting ready to install the rear tail panel stripes and start doing the body work to the fenders. Also just picked up my last hard item to find, sharktooth grill off a fellow abodiesonly member, thanks. I'm still looking for two more nice used polyglas white lettered goodyear 14" tires. Forgot my camera at the garage but post some more pictures real soon.

So my mother came over and looked at this duster that I'm building and she really liked it. So I told if she really liked that I would trade it for the one I did earlier for her last Christmas. Which one would you guys rather have. The sassy grass green 72 twister or the 71 black on black wedge duster? It doesnt matter to me as long as it stays in my family, was just wondering what you guys would pick out of the two.

DSCN4093[1].JPG

both were in about the same shape body wise, the green duster is a 318 car and the black one has a 360 in it untill I find a nice 340 for it later on. The green is auto on the column and the black one is auto on the floor all factory with console. I have the 4 speed hump for the black one along with tranny, that'll be a good project for next winter. My intension were with this black duster that I'm doing was to fund my 69 charger build but after painting it black I like it to much and can't do it. Now if I trade cars with my mom for the green one I did up for her I could just sell the green one and still beable to have the black in the family and drive it every once and a while. I could probably sell the black one for more money when it was done but it would be worth it to be able to keep it around:scratch:. I was going to sell my 79 ramcharger to keep the black duster but this might be a way to keep my ramcharger as I would really hate to sell it. Here's a picture of my ramcharger and my 69 charger that I'm trying to get rolling before summer. What would you guys do? I going to need to sell somthing in the end just not sure what.

DSCN2487.JPG

DSCN2216.JPG

DSCN2224.JPG

DSCN2341.JPG

You have some many cool cars coming together. I remember when you did that Duster for your mom, beautiful car! I have no opinion about what you should get rid of, but good luck. I love the matte black general.

Absolutely love this build....as many pics as possible the flat black hood just looks tits

sweet man ive always wanted too do a duster just like after i went to a show and saw a 71 demon triple black but it was fantasy glad to see someone is building one coool

also glad too see u put the vinyl roof/V24 chrome pieces on by the cowl alot of people forget about those when cloning v24 cars nice detail

Thanks Ryan, wish it was a real one like yours. I'd would of have loved to have found yours like you did. I've emailed you on it when my user name was machoramcharger and I some how lost my password and had to get a different user name. Some day I'll find me a good deal on a real v24 car untill then my clone will have to do:thumbup:. Thanks for the nice comments guys.

nice cars you have there. i have to say i like the ramcharger better than the charger though. sell the charger.

oh man all of the cars are awesome. I think you should give me the triple black demon with that sweet built up engine put in it. My birthday is not yet here but i accept early presents. haha jk but all of them are awesome. And as far as which one to get rid of, i have no clue. I would guess keep the ramcharger, it is always nice to have a badass truck like that

you have some pretty nice cars there but i really like the triple black one the most.i wish i would have painted my duster black instead of orange now

Put the decals on the tail panel last night and they look really cool. So it's been decided that were going to sell the sassy grass green duster to keep this triple black 71 duster. Should be seeing it going up for sale real soon, and thanks for your help on deciding which one to keep.

Quick update, added the trunklid to it last night and it really makes it look alot more complete. Also have the rims and tires all ready to put on it. Just need the buff the dog dish hub caps out. Keep forgetting my camera to add pictures. Next thing I'm doing is detailing the front end and putting on the new front end kit.

im definatly in for more pictures.. love the black on black sceme.. i was thinking of doing something like this on my 70 duster but i have had a black car with nice paint and i hated being able to see all the dirt all the time lol..

Here's some recent pictures of it, sorry for the quality there a little blurry. Well it doesnt look good for me keeping this car as my ebay listings are ending soon on the green duster and the orange ramcharger and neither one looks like it's going to sell:sad:. I'll just have to make another one down the road later on.

DSCN2666.JPG

DSCN2669.JPG

DSCN2671.JPG

Not the best conditions out there for sellers right now ... good luck. Your flat blacks look great, what did you use on the hood and is it the same on the Charger ? Any tips for shooting without "streaks" ? I'll be doing mine myself within a week or two. Thanks.

SEM trim black, works awesome and blends out really nice. It's also really easy to clean. I've used it on a bunch of my cars and dodge macho trucks and ramchargers. One quart should be good and spray it out with a paint gun. The spray cans also work really well with little streaking but the gun works the best.

Sold the sassy grass green duster over the weekend so it looks like the black ones staying, sweet!!! Now I need a drivers side fender in a bad way so I can finish this thing up

-
Back