My new rims and tires

-
Thanks! The look is growing on everyone and I'm loving it!

sick! How much did the tires and rims run you? Also how much did the paint job run you? I'm tryin to do the same paint scheme, but fluorescent green instead of orange. Did you paint all the trim yourself, or did a shop do it for you? Your the only person I've seen follow through with the same idea I want, that was to black out all the chrome including the window/door trim. looks fantastic. Sorry so many questions. lol I'm new to the Mopar community and I'm only freshly 20.

May be I can answer some of your questions, The rims came from Summit Racing and the tires from Big O Tires. We have less than a thousand in them together,the body and paint job was done at a body shop in Long Beach and was right around 5 grand. The trim around the windows is sprayed on ,the rest is powdercoated, Good luck with your build,

Bob

Hi Bob

Only just found this thread but love those wheels and aiming to replicate on my 73 Duster.
One question, do you have discs or drums on the front? I have just ordered exactly the same spec from summit but wanted to make sure the 8 x 15's would be ok with discs.
Thanks
Kev

So after owning my Duster for 9 years i finally put new rims on the beast. We took a chance in hoping we could tuck a 10 inch tire under in the back. The back tires are flush with the top of the wheel well but stick out due to the body curve at the bottom. I'll eventually shorten the axle and or tub the car but that's another days project. The rims are 15 inch Cragar V-5's wrapped in Hancook tires. They match the color scheme I'm going for and will work wonderful for now. Anything was better then the beat up Centerline's i had.
Please excuse the absence of bumpers!

EDIT: just saw that this was an old post...

That looks bad-***. I love it.
Leave the bumper off. :D

How are those Hankooks?

-
Back