my new toy 72 duster

-

Jedibastard

Reaction score
sadly i got rid of my harley to get this. i would say it was an ok decision. i still miss being on 2 wheels no matter what im in.
picked it up from a guy in austin texas. the car has a 440 in it(i was told out of a 70 charger) its been cammed. the guy didnt know much about this stuff..so he has no clue what kind of cam is in it. but was told it has 500+hp
everything seems to be done right. i was told the original owner owned a restoration shop and worked on many many old muscle cars. and the engine came out of his old charger. the interior is all original and in very good shape for being as old as it is. 3 seems are popped on the driver seat, and a small chip out of the head liner, and i need a new dash pad, and a rear window pad(or whatever they are called)
some fine tuning, and tlc here and there will get this baby done. and it needs very little.......
first thing i want to do is get a 4 speed tranny. it has a 3 speed in it, and i hate it. it almost feels as if im being robbed of power. because it doesnt have that.....OOOMPH...if you will.
well....i think thats all the babble i have left in me. here are some pics...

031_zps7c3ae229.jpg

030_zps4b70e1be.jpg

029_zpseeb51dd2.jpg

026_zps36aba982.jpg

024_zps796e9048.jpg

If you can get a picture of the casting number on the block someone can confirm if the engine if from 1970. Not a bad trade off, how does the interior and under the hood look?

Find out what rear end is in the car as well, that is probably why you feel like the car is slow.

i can take a look!!!
looks great. im in the process of uploading some of the pics!!!
to me its great. we shall see what everyone else thinks shortly.

My concerns are the rear end and brakes, and then the cast number on the block. If it is a 440 you will need Disc brakes all around.

will do. well you cant totally tell there is a cam. no doubt about it. its probably a small one.. the brakes sucks. but i am not used to the older style brakes anymore since i got rid of my swinger. there is disc in the front, and drum in the rear.

-
Back