My New Toy

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Last weekend I finally pulled the trigger on a car that I have been after for awhile--2018 Dodge Challenger T/A 392. All I can say is I am blown away by this car. I love my Dart, but this thing is a whole different animal. Having never been a racer, this is the most powerful car I have ever driven. It is just incredible what modern performance has become.

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9628.JPG

IMG_9634.JPG

Congrats!

I have an ‘06 Charger SRT and it’s a beast. The newer ones are even better. You have to drive a modern High Performance Mopar to really understand what they are all about.

The performance and feel is like nothing else. None of my vintage Mopars can compare to it.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my old ones as much as the SRT...but they just aren’t anywhere near the same class of performance.

Yep, congratulations! I call it the civilized power of the new cars, versus plain old no frills grunt from the older cars.

Nice purchase!! The Challengers are sharp looking cars and Chrysler did a nice job designing the new one based on the original E-body. I’ll be driving a Hellcat for several days next month which will be fun.:steering:

Mind if I ask what you paid?

I have been eye-balling a white one without the black roof. I guess it sold but the local dealer has two that are white with black roof, and a black on black....but I want a manual trans, so they would have to order one. The salesman said most every T/A they get is an auto because 90% of the buyers can't drive a stick. The sticker for each car is 50-52k. For that I could get a low-mile Hellcat.

That is about right for sticker price. The dealer incentives on my car got it down to about $44K. Then add back in taxes, tags, title and dealer prep to get an idea of about what I paid. I actually looked at a Hellcat, but the finance manager said the insurance hit doesn't make the car worth it for what you get out of a T/A or SRT for much lower insurance, by comparison.

-
Back