My New Wheel/Tire Combo

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd send a few pics of the new wheel/tire combo.
I have Summit wheels 15X7 with 4.25" backspace and 205/60/15 BFG's on the front. Th rears are 15X8 with 4.5" backspace and 255/60/15 BFG's. I have the rear wheel well lip rolled but other than that no mods. I am putting new sprigs on to lift the wheel well lip for clearance, because although it's not rubbing it's still a little too close for my liking.

Your rear tire will be fine. I'm rolling on the same tire and wheel size and have never had a problem with scrubbing.

Hi Guy's

Sorry I didn't post the pics in the earlier posting but I had to figure out how to lower the resolution. The second pic is with the old combo of SBP Cragars and the rest are with the new Summit wheels. I hope you like them.

Glenn

IMG_0480 LR .JPG

IMG_2998 LR.JPG

IMG_0478 LR.JPG

IMG_0481 LR.JPG

IMG_0492 LR.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

Awesome looking combo on your car!!!

All though the old combo didn't look that bad either.

Awesome looking combo on your car!!!

All though the old combo didn't look that bad either.
Thanks Kieth,

The wheels are Summit's newest wheel. They are currently on sale now for $132.00 and are chrome Aluminum (you can't beat the price). I loved the old Cragars but they were SBP and were heavy steel.

So are the new wheels still SBP?
No theses are BBP wheels. I converted to BBP along with a conversion from the Kelsey Hayes SBB disc brakes to Wilwood discs in the front. One note to those looking to use these wheels, the Wilwood front brakes changed the wheel offset out by 3/4 of an inch.

I prefer your older wheels,but thats just me!

Your car does look awesome though!
An looks like it has the performance to match!
How does she go!!?

I like the new wheels, its just the circular chrome center looks odd to me, it doesn't seem to fit perfectly with the spoke design.

Still, I like them, and they're nice and unique, unlike your old Cragars, which I've always thought were a little overplayed.

I prefer your older wheels,but thats just me!

Your car does look awesome though!
An looks like it has the performance to match!
How does she go!!?
Hi Nemesis,

I've always liked the Cragars but they were SBB and I wanted to convert to BBP. Also they were made of heavy steel. I've had them on the car since 1985 so I guess it was just time for a change.

I like the new wheels, its just the circular chrome center looks odd to me, it doesn't seem to fit perfectly with the spoke design.

Still, I like them, and they're nice and unique, unlike your old Cragars, which I've always thought were a little overplayed.
Yeah I know what you mean, the Cragars were on all of the SBB A bodies because they were the only aftermarket wheels available. The Summit wheels were the right price ($132.00), were chrome aluminum and were a close copy of the American Torque Thrust. I agree that the round center cap isn't my cup of tea but at over $100.00 less than the Americans I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra cash.

Hi Nemesis,

I've always liked the Cragars but they were SBB and I wanted to convert to BBP. Also they were made of heavy steel. I've had them on the car since 1985 so I guess it was just time for a change.

Oh ok cool!

Tell me more bout your motor =P~

How does it go!?

Any numbers?

Oh ok cool!

Tell me more bout your motor =P~

How does it go!?

Any numbers?
Hi Nemesis,

The motor in my car is the original 340 block and heads. I had the engine balanced. The crank has full grove bearings. The connecting rods are double shot peened with SPS bolts. The pistons are TRW 8.5:1 with Total Seal gapless rings. The engine is running a Comp Cams custom ground roller. The heads are 340 X heads, They have been ported and the stainless steel valves have a six angle valve job with hardened seats installed. The springs are double springs and the spring pressures have been equalized. The lifters are Comp Cams solid rollers and the rockers are Crane 1.5:1 ratio rollers. The supercharger is a B & M unit that I bought from Dick Landy in 1988. I am running about 5 pounds of boost. The transmission is a TCI Street Fighter 727. It has a 3200 stall converter and a reversed manual valve body. The drive shaft has been balanced and the rear end is a 8 3/4 with Yukon axles and 3.55:1 ratio (just changed from 4:30:1). I have ran as fast as 11.59 (with M&H Racemaster super sticky tires) but I don't know what it will run with thew new gears. I'm thinking about putting a smaller pulley on the blower to compensate for the gearing loss.

Too bad they don't make the B&M mini blower setup for Mopar Smallblocks anymore.

I was wondering what those wheels would look like on an A body.

Not bad at all, but I do have much love for the old cragars.

love your new combo and your dart :cheers:

What was your mph when you ran the 11.5?

Hahah cool!
I have mh racemasters on my a body too!
Theyre awesome but played havoc on my stock axles
so after drivin on em for a year on the streets i
changed tires that were more errr, wheelspin prone lol.

Love your car man.

Too bad they don't make the B&M mini blower setup for Mopar Smallblocks anymore.
Yeah I know what you mean, but they didn't actually make them for Mopars then. This was a custom made system made by Dick Landy. He had to cut the flanges off of a Offenhauser dual quad manifold and mig weld the supercharger flange on. That's why I have to run the six pack hood. The original manifolds for these superchargers were low profile, but not so with the Offenhauser. The only advantage is that Dick Landy used the big block 174 supercharger on the small block kit.

Very nice choice on the wheels and tires for that VERY NICE Dart.:cheers:
That is a good looking yellow =P~ is that lemon twist y5 by chance?

Thanks Memike,

Yes that is Lemon Twist. I fell in love with the color when I saw Bob George's 1968 Hemi Dart in a magazine in the late 70's. When I did the car for the first time in 1985 I knew it had to be Lemon Twist.

Hi people, just new to using the forum. I have a few questions about wheels and tires. I have a 68 fastback and want as much wheel and tire I can get on there. I m about to put the larger bolt pattern axles on the 8.75 rear and was considering the Brewer's axles that don't require any brake changes except re-drilling the drums. For test purposes I drilled out a small bolt pattern on a 15x8 black rim that has an old G50/15 T/A on it. The rim has a 4 3/8 back spacing. So, it seems to me that it gives me just about 3/4 of an inch of space to the leaf spring and doesn't stick out the other way.
My question is regarding some of the combos that guys are talking about; are they using stock width axles and brakes or are they using large bolt pattern with the bigger brakes?

I believe the old letter size designation, "G" is about a 235mm wide tire.

-
Back