My ol man is AWSOME

-

moparnut426

Reaction score
My dad gave me his 69 charger R/T SE tonight. Numbers matching engine, non numbers tranny, but a complete car. Neets a resto, but all there. An origional Gold car, black top, black leather interior. I was driving to Pool league, and dad called me with a tranny question. After I answered his question, he asked what I was up to. I told him, now that my Demon is done, I wanted a new project, told him I was lookin at a 70 440 6 pack bee. He told me to hang on to my 11k, as he is gonna give me the charger. I figured some day ill inherit it. No he meant, as soon as I go pick it up. He has a lot of projects in the works, and cant finish this one so he asked me to. I am headin to Wyoming to get the car thanksgiving day. Going to bring it home and get the car restored to its glory. This car was an 8 second real street car from the west coast. Had a 588 barton engine in it for while, and we never got it completed as there was a rumor that the strip in Wyoming was going under, so we made a decision to restore the car to its street form. I cut the cage out of it, sold the race parts, and ordered inner fenders, and started the work on the car. I needed the space in our shop, so Dad took it back to Wyoming, and he hasent touched it in a year. Well, Now I get the project. There is no rust on the car, the floor pans, quarters, and frame rails are california fresh.

I have the numbers 440 for the car, and I have a date coded 727 for it, and it has a strange 60. Im gonna put the cal tracks on my demon, and put super stock springs back in the charger. Ill sell the rest of the race parts, and buy fenders, from AMD.

I was so excited and floored, I was in tears, so excited I had to pull over. I wanted to build a car that is going to be worth the time, and i couldnt ask for a better car than this charger.
:-D:-D

Love ya DAD!!

Kasey

Sounds like a good plan. Would love to see some ****

I'm sure you will do dad proud. He will get as much out of it as you do it's one of those priceless moments you hear about. I'm really glad for you.

Oh and sorry if you guys are members on other forums, I posted this on Moparts, and the Bullet. Im kinda stoked, so sory if it a little anoying.

Kasey

70Dartmike, There is no WAY in Hell I can afford the Bee and the Charger. Id love to do the Bee, but the charger is awsome, so Ill focus on that.

Kasey

I was so excited and floored, I was in tears,

Great guy, your dad! :cheers: Have fun with the build.

I quoted the above segment of your story 'cause I can relate. I felt the same way when Pop gave me his '74 Barracuda. That car was his dream.

Well we are a MUSHY emosional family. We cry, and we show our emotions a LOT, I was raised that a man can cry.

Dads in Torrington Wyoming. Its 30 ish miles from scottsbluff nebraska, and 2 1/2 hrs from denver ish.

That's really awesome, it's always nice to hear stories like this. Good luck with the restoration :D

Well we are a MUSHY emosional family. We cry, and we show our emotions a LOT, I was raised that a man can cry.

Dads in Torrington Wyoming. Its 30 ish miles from scottsbluff nebraska, and 2 1/2 hrs from denver ish.

Cool. I have family in Douglas, Lusk, and Riverton. Lusk isn't too far from Torrington.

Cool, Last year leaving the black hills, we rode through 50-60ph side winds from crazy horse monument to Lusk. Man that was terrible. The faster we went the easier it was to ride, so 75-80 was the magic number. We stopped in Lusk for a refreshment, and BSd with some bikers there.

Kasey

moparnut, man you are SO blessed! The only thing my old man left me was his metabolism and tolerance for alcohol, that rat bastard! :( Seriously congratulations and I can't wait to see some pics!

Oh man.I love the 69 chargers. From both the front and back they look,well,wicked and evil. They are HIGHLY sought after. If your father has another one ask him for me if he needs another son.

Here is the car

33579_162563677104751_100000533597886_434250_8316270_n.jpg

-
Back