My Power Disk Brakes are frustrating me...

-
Okay, so I ordered me a kit from Dr. Diff and installed the aluminum 2 bolt master cylinder (1 1/32" bore) along with the supplied adapter plate, adjustable brake push rod, and master cylinder brake lines.

I bled the brakes and things feel good. I haven't been able to take it for a spin yet because I have the half the engine apart right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20140527_184001.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_20140527_183914.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 185
I second the Rhoades lifters. I picked up a set for SB for $25 on ebay, but you don't see them often. I recall the same ones fit a BB too. Besides better idle, it should give better mileage and lower emissions. You live in the LA Basin, and many there now enjoy breathing clean air and seeing the mountains from the beach. No need to have a crappy running car.

I just read your post about the brake booster. I have same issue. I bought the adj push rod. From mancinis. I removed everything booster brackets and the power push rod. The question I have is the original bolt that connects the push rod under the dash is bigger than the hole in the new push rod. It came with a rubber grommet. Does this mean I need a smaller bolt? Don't understand why the kit doesn't come with one.

Don't understand why the kit doesn't come with one.

Because they save money by not supplying it to you and charging you the same price as when or if they did. That's how corporate America reduces costs and increases profits for themselves.

Mopar Performance now doesn't supply the cotter pin in the high pressure relief spring kit like they used to... But still charge the same price as when they did... :finga:

Now you can go to the parts/hardware store and buy one yourself.... :axe:

They think that we're so stupid that we won't notice.... :finga:

They want our money more than they want to satisfy the customer. :tongue3:

Called mancinis. They said mopar made 2 size bolts to attach rod to pedal arm. 80 % of what they see is the small bolt. He told me to drill it out for the bigger bolt.

I second the Rhoades lifters. I picked up a set for SB for $25 on ebay, but you don't see them often. I recall the same ones fit a BB too. Besides better idle, it should give better mileage and lower emissions. You live in the LA Basin, and many there now enjoy breathing clean air and seeing the mountains from the beach. No need to have a crappy running car.

I don't think I could have gone this route be cause my cam is for solid lifters. Also, I have heard that the Rhoades lifters are noisy. Not sure if that's true or not since I've never heard them.

Called mancinis. They said mopar made 2 size bolts to attach rod to pedal arm. 80 % of what they see is the small bolt. He told me to drill it out for the bigger bolt.

My kit from Doctor Diff came with the rod and bolt. The rod is just simply a heim joint rod end with a bolt with the head cut off and machined round tip and machined for the rubber thing on the end.

http://www.doctordiff.com/62-70-adjustable-master-cylinder-push-rod.html

Now that I made the bolt fit by drilling it out. The damn thing is to long. Measures 7 1/2 long, tip too tip. Making brake pedal up to my knees. It needs be 5 inches long. And there's no way to make it shorter. Waiste of 45 bucks. Going to junk yard to find a original rod.

Now that I made the bolt fit by drilling it out. The damn thing is to long. Measures 7 1/2 long, tip too tip. Making brake pedal up to my knees. It needs be 5 inches long. And there's no way to make it shorter. Waiste of 45 bucks. Going to junk yard to find a original rod.

I wish I had measured mine for you. Although, I keep reading other post that a manual rod is about 6 1/2 inches (6.5 inches).

Was able to find a rod at junkyard. Your correct on the measurement 6 1/2 inches long. Put it on and fits perfect. Called mancinis and they didn't know of the two different sizes. Getting my money back also.

I went through the same thing, too big of a cam, not enough vacuum. First I tried a master power brakes vacuum pump with a tank reservoir. Unless you down shifted to keep the vacuum pulled down coming to a stop you had maybe two applications with the booster in play. The vacuum pump sounded like a wounded cow sitting at a stop light. I ditched the booster. Than replaced the master cylinder with one for a 71 demon w/340 4speed. non power disk and standard rear shoes. dropped right in. This worked so good I did the same thing on my 64 fury when I installed disk to the front!! Don't forget to get the right prop valve. Hope this helps, good luck.

-
Back