my project 63 sport fury

-

badlilred79

badred360
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
well a few guys know that my dad is sick with cancer and for 2 year its been touch and go so i wanted to built him his car it been sitting for 27 years and he was never able to start rebuilting it so 3 years ago i started on it and got ripe off by one paint shop 9000. and 11 months of time so i took it to another shop and its got painted last week 16 months later . we started reassembly it and making headway so thats why my cars are pretty much been on hold got a few photos. its 63 sport fury 46000 miles car but it was rough viper red top and bottom and inside too something about red..... motors a 451 stoker puch button 8 3/4 3.55 gear every part on the car is new or rebuilt hopster wheels dad and mom are 70 and 71 we trying like crazy to get it done by xmas both are in bad shape i pray that he can do a couple of cruise or shows with me thats guys for listen

Attachments

• IMG_6536.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_6532.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_6533.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_6534.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_6524.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_6525.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_6526.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_6527.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_6530.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_6523.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 245
Very cool car.....I will send prayers and hope he gets many hours behind the wheel :glasses7:

Great looking car and awesome purpose behind it. That will be a real beauty when completed. Good luck on the build. I hope your family gets to enjoy it the way you are intending.

I'm sure this means more to your Dad than he can say...and '63 Fury is one of the finest Mopars.

Great looking car and awesome purpose behind it. That will be a real beauty when completed. Good luck on the build. I hope your family gets to enjoy it the way you are intending.

thanks, i'll keep photos coming its one of the hardest things to do its like 3 steps ahead 5 back and parts are alot harder to get for these cars then a bodies

Wish your parents well.....you want to get it done by Christmas? Shut the computer down and get your a** into the shop.....Can't wait to see it done....

Wish your parents well.....you want to get it done by Christmas? Shut the computer down and get your a** into the shop.....Can't wait to see it done....

i wish i could but they lock the doors at 600 were putting 8 hours a day on the car plus working were doing our best

Good luck mike! I pray your for your dad to be able to enjoy the car with you when it's done! Great job doing this for him!

Prayers sent out for your 'ol man. Hopefully he'll get a heck of a lot more than a few cruises in it. - Love the motivation behind the build and it's a great choice for a car. After a 27 year hiatus, it's likely to bring a smile to his face. Sorry to hear you got ripped by a body shop. The few I do business with around here will normally do a full body resto in 2 to 3 months but they specialize in muscle car restorations.

Prayers sent out for your 'ol man. Hopefully he'll get a heck of a lot more than a few cruises in it. - Love the motivation behind the build and it's a great choice for a car. After a 27 year hiatus, it's likely to bring a smile to his face. Sorry to hear you got ripped by a body shop. The few I do business with around here will normally do a full body resto in 2 to 3 months but they specialize in muscle car restorations.

got the heater box and wipers and brakelines put on today going to try and put fenders and glass in the next few days ........... i hope

Good luck getting it completed in time for Christmas, will be a great day for them

Good son!

Good for you.
A lot of people wouldn't do this for their parents, it shows how much you care for them.

Sweet car !!! I will pray for your Dad's health .
My Dad had a 63 sport fury that was red he was in the process of restoring but he died last year from cancer . Life is short I hope you guys can make some special memories with this car !!!
God Bless
Jim

My prayer's are with both your parents . It's a good thing your trying to do , It'll give them , especially your farther something to look forward to . I've always liked the 63's and it look's like your doing a great job so far . Please keep us posted .

I imagine the build is not a surprise to him. I hope you're able to take the time to chat with him about any memories you might have of the things of your past together and maybe get him a little bit enthused about the reason you've chosen to build it. I know when it comes down to it these cars are not the most important thing in the world. - But sometimes they represent shared memories that mean a lot. (to both) It's been a long time since my own Dad passed away. (he beat his cancer that was considered terminal but pneumonia took him) The talks we had and time spent together talking seemed to get him through it all.

By the way, - the car looks awesome!

-
Back