My Project Update

-

Ashton Blackwell

Reaction score
Ok guys & gals, found a truck to put my 408 in. Its soooo pretty it will burn your eyes...:rofl:...Its a old forestry truck. 12bolt 9 1/4 limited slip with 355 gears. Buzzing dozen backed by a automatic.
20200914_070838.jpg
20200914_070814.jpg
20200914_070740.jpg
20200913_091330.jpg

That will make a great truck! I obtained my Dad's truck '84 model with same lean burn /6, about to convert the distributor to normal-mechanical advance (lean burn has no advance except from computer) along with either a mopar controller or the HEI conversion controler just to get it running, he kept it up, its all there and decent truck, just not firing now, going to snatch out the lean burn computer, bypass that mess with what will really work. Question, with your 408 going in, what are you going to use for a fuel pump, carb, keeping mag pulley set up or doing LA timing front?

VWDM4814[1].JPG

That’s going to be both hands full! Some of the 3rd Gen Hemi Power Ram/D100 racers are getting good results with Cal-Tracs and by dropping the front end 2 inches with B van lower control arms. Lots of fiberglass available now, too, if you want to put it on a diet.

That will make a great truck! I obtained my Dad's truck '84 model with same lean burn /6, about to convert the distributor to normal-mechanical advance (lean burn has no advance except from computer) along with either a mopar controller or the HEI conversion controler just to get it running, he kept it up, its all there and decent truck, just not firing now, going to snatch out the lean burn computer, bypass that mess with what will really work. Question, with your 408 going in, what are you going to use for a fuel pump, carb, keeping mag pulley set up or doing LA timing front?

View attachment 1715595000
Wow that's a sweet little truck! My 408 has an Edelbrock Performer mechanical fuel pump that is rated at 110gph with 6psi.
Hope that answers your question.

Nice truck! It looks a lot like mine, an 82 D150 with a slant and 833OD. It is rapidly moving up the priority list to get running again. It needs a timing chain, and while I'm in there I'll add a better cam, full super-six setup, and 2.25" exhaust. I think yours will outrun mine quite handily... :D

coming home 3.jpg

Nice truck! It looks a lot like mine, an 82 D150 with a slant and 833OD. It is rapidly moving up the priority list to get running again. It needs a timing chain, and while I'm in there I'll add a better cam, full super-six setup, and 2.25" exhaust. I think yours will outrun mine quite handily... :D

View attachment 1715595032
It's great seeing these old trucks getting a second chance on life. Mine just had a new 2bbl put on it and they did something to bypass the lean burn I think, it runs like a top!

View attachment 1715595000

That shortbed is kick *** !!

That’s going to be both hands full! Some of the 3rd Gen Hemi Power Ram/D100 racers are getting good results with Cal-Tracs and by dropping the front end 2 inches with B van lower control arms. Lots of fiberglass available now, too, if you want to put it on a diet.
Funny you mentioned the "B" control arms,
that's the only control arms I could find, nothing for "D" series so I'm ordering the heavy duty ones, 4000lb I believe.

-
Back