My rear axle

-

dartfan

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

As I am a newbie to Mopar, I was researching the running gear fitted to my 63 Dart HT. Originally (obviously) a /6 it has been retrofitted with a 318/904tf combo, with a rear axle which appears to be an 8.1/4". (Source:"mopar axle spotters guide" available via Google)

Surfing the forum, I can find virtually NO mention of this axle? with many references to either the weak 7 1/4, or the bullet proof but rare (in A body form) 8 3/4.

Can you Guys shed any light on this for me?

Regards
Rob in the UK

The 8.25 axle is a good that will handle a mild build app with no problem. The best thing going for the 8.25 is; if you can find a 96 and older jeep grand Cherokee you can remove its rear disc brake setup, it's limited slip center unit and it better gears and bolt it all to your a body 8.25 rear!

Hi everyone!

As I am a newbie to Mopar, I was researching the running gear fitted to my 63 Dart HT. Originally (obviously) a /6 it has been retrofitted with a 318/904tf combo, with a rear axle which appears to be an 8.1/4". (Source:"mopar axle spotters guide" available via Google)

Surfing the forum, I can find virtually NO mention of this axle? with many references to either the weak 7 1/4, or the bullet proof but rare (in A body form) 8 3/4.

Can you Guys shed any light on this for me?

Regards
Rob in the UK
Most 73up 340/360 cars came stock with 8 1/4 s.g rears.Also I,ve read about the 8 1/4 coming in earlier B-bodies.

-
Back