my ride with the new hood scoop

-

prostr340duster

Reaction score
Just finished up the hood. Thanks to all that help. Your answers are always appreciated.

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00435.jpg

Nice looking car, but one suggestion. I don't think I'd run my fuel line over the top of the fan belt where it might get whacked if the belt were to go byebye

x2 on that try to get it up behind the alt, but really nice looking !!!ill bet it looks great looking out the windsheild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Hey Prostr, I've seen that look somewhere before :mrgreen:. How about posting some pics of the rear of the car etc when you get a chance. The hood looks great as does the Duster.

Great looking car! Is the scoop functional or just for appearance. It does look like the carb and air filter sit up high enough to require a hole in the hood. My son needs to cut his hood for clearance on his Duster, and your scoop is the same style he wants to use. He has that one on his Dart Sport, but it is only for looks on that car. If you cut an opening in the hood, please show detail photos.

Is the scoop OEM or aftermarket? Where did you get it?

Jerry

Looks great!

I love dual snorkel hood scoops.

Something I noticed....that air cleaner is far too short to flow a good amount of air....you need a 14x3 for best performance.

How you like that Jacobs Electronics Ignition? I have a friend that ran a JEI and it kicked butt under WOT!

Thanks everyone. Its my baby. The scoop is aftermarket from aar. and I used a nibbler to cut the opening in the hood. I just followed the inside bracing. I highly recommend using a nibbler. First time and it works slick. I have the chrome air cleaner that matches the valve covers but when I added the inch spacer under the carb. things got tight. When I race the car I always take the air cleaner off. I should try to fit a larger element in there.

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

Prine, I have had the Jacobs wires and coil on since 1994 and I love it. No problems at all. My only complaint now is they sold out to mr gasket. and I can't get wire replaced any more.

Very nice, Very Nice indeed.=P~ I like the blacked out bumper's and spoiler.
You have pulled off a great color set up.

Gongrat's on a complete good looking job!!:cheers:

looks great, just got a used usbodysource 6 pack for mine. Havn't pinned it yet, still getting it all ready for paint

IMG_0055.JPG

thanks guys. It still needs some tweeking. Would like to put a 416 in it this winter. My wife says the list never ends, but you don't ever just buy your kid one pair of shoes and say that's it. LOL

came with the lid you do need the deck lid with ridge down the center though. it does fit good

Can you post a pic of the underside of the hood showing the hole you cut out? Did you leave the hole with a raw edge or is there an edge trim of sorts? How far does the element stick up through the hood?

With an open element air cleaner, I've been wondering what happens if you have to drive during a thunderstorm. What prevents the rainwater from getting sucked into the carb? We are facing the same situation with my son's Duster.

Jerry

-
Back