My sack of lemons....

-
Thanks Wade
Next im going to mount radiator and coolers. Remote oil filter,lines,hoses etc. all need finalized before I pull engine back out.

So I went full retard on oil cooling. Plan is for it to be covered by the license plate while on the street. Cooler is a used AFCO deck mount and I also plumbed in a thermostat that starts opening at 180 and is full open at 200*. Yes it is a little blingy under here but mostly for function and oil control. Next will be air intake plumbing once I get a throttle body.

Man that's outstanding

HAHA thanks, I used your filter mounting for inspiration and took it one step further out of paranoia mainly. Track days are even funner when you dont worry about heat. I plan to be relentless to this thing.

header dent remorse
...LOL! Gotta love it!

By the time I finished mine...I was suffering from 'empty wallet remorse'....aar more painful condition.

He you busted TTIs balls as well......damn amateurs!

I am starting that part of the suffering, I have the 3 most expensive items still to purchase:
1. Rotating assembly
2. ECU and Harness
3. Cylinder head porting and assembly

Also wanted to point to some guys doing a swap:
A factory oil filter would have worked and cleared just fine with my 72-earlier /6 K member, with the mounts configured like mine.

Here is where she is probably the happiest location wise, TTI told me I could just move my engine forward to fix the design flaws in their headers, F@#$ that, that would cause a chain reaction of BS I would have to change.

I love it how the MFG of each piece on my engine / transmission combination wants me to move the engine 1/4", 1/2", or more up, down, left, right, front, or rearward to better work with their one item. Each move screws you in five other directions... and creates other problems you have to go fix. The only directions I am willing to entertain are down and back... and at this point I am only willing to go a little down on the front mounts and a little up on the transmission mount. Stick a fork in this puppy!

Nice work. I too will be going down this path soon on a Boosted stroker. I already have a Mega Squirt MS3x with expansion that can run everything and then some. I am just learning what can be done to these engines.

I am starting that part of the suffering, I have the 3 most expensive items still to purchase:
1. Rotating assembly
2. ECU and Harness
3. Cylinder head porting and assembly

By a set of thytek heads and sell your 6.1 heads as cores. You will be money further ahead than getting them ported. The thytek will out flo those ported stockers by a landslide at [email protected].

Rotating assembly is actually fairly reasonable. Do you have a factory 6.1 crank? Its forged just get rods and pistons and ssve there as well.

Can you make a second set of mounts for this guy?? Solid instead of bushed??

I can get good numbers having Modern Muscle cnc them. I will have half what a set of Thiteks cost when done. I can build more mounts in a solid setup later on once engine is back out. I have a good stock crank but figure if I have to buy rods and new pistons anyway might as well get a crank. I have some Manley 4.065x4.05 pistons already. Block is machined and ready just need to finish mocking everything up with car before I pull it back out and build it. Plan on wiring efi and everything else as well as finish engine compartment before engine is done so when it goes back together it will be to run and be done for a while.

This showed up the other day too..

Attachments

• IMAG0091.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 753
By a set of thytek heads and sell your 6.1 heads as cores. You will be money further ahead than getting them ported. The thytek will out flo those ported stockers by a landslide at [email protected].

Rotating assembly is actually fairly reasonable. Do you have a factory 6.1 crank? Its forged just get rods and pistons and ssve there as well.

Can you make a second set of mounts for this guy?? Solid instead of bushed??

You got a link to these heads?

http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/5961-finally-available-aftermarket-cylinder-heads/

Mad dart here is a link and who to buy them from. Flo numbers are also in link. Im in there asking questions so you wont feel out of place. Lol

Like I was saying the cores for 6.1 heads is well over a thousand bucks. And I know they still buy them regulalrly due to they dont make them anymore. If sold and used towards the new heads one would be light years ahead. Better castings, better material, better deck thickness, ss valves and double springs and strengthened rocker stands. The flow is ten fold a ported stock cadting even of eagle castings.

The guy who designed these also designed the original faftory casting. He knows what needs imporved for power over emissions. His user id on that site is cjt as is on yellowbullet, turbobullet etc...

I can get good numbers having Modern Muscle cnc them. I will have half what a set of Thiteks cost when done. I can build more mounts in a solid setup later on once engine is back out. I have a good stock crank but figure if I have to buy rods and new pistons anyway might as well get a crank. I have some Manley 4.065x4.05 pistons already. Block is machined and ready just need to finish mocking everything up with car before I pull it back out and build it. Plan on wiring efi and everything else as well as finish engine compartment before engine is done so when it goes back together it will be to run and be done for a while.

Port wotk costs 1500 and up for cnc from a lot of these guys. Add in core charge yours are worth thats 25-3000 just about the same as these after market heads but nothing close to the superiority of them. Think real hard about what you choose. Also look into some bad comments and experiences with muscle motors on this very site. Not a pretty picture.

I can send my 6.1 heads to MM and they will cnc them for $700. 360cfm at .600 lift is plenty for me and after I buy springs and retainers I may have $1200 total in my heads. I already have new valves. If I was starting with nothing the Thiteks would be a bargain. Maybe after my build is up and running later on I can step up to Thiteks but I'm not gonna put things on hold until I can afford them. And Eagles are good heads but are not better than a 6.1, I don't know where people get that info.

http://modernmoparforum.com/topic/5961-finally-available-aftermarket-cylinder-heads/

Mad dart here is a link and who to buy them from. Flo numbers are also in link. Im in there asking questions so you wont feel out of place. Lol

Like I was saying the cores for 6.1 heads is well over a thousand bucks. And I know they still buy them regulalrly due to they dont make them anymore. If sold and used towards the new heads one would be light years ahead. Better castings, better material, better deck thickness, ss valves and double springs and strengthened rocker stands. The flow is ten fold a ported stock cadting even of eagle castings.

The guy who designed these also designed the original faftory casting. He knows what needs imporved for power over emissions. His user id on that site is cjt as is on yellowbullet, turbobullet etc...

Those are some nice heads, no core charge so I am in with them when I am ready. .500 lift 350cfm on the stage 2 heads. I want to see the numbers on the bigger valve heads. I am in the learning curve and a Newbee on this stuff but I will get the hang of it.

Here is a good thread on the Thiteks, they do work
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php/346680-Thitek-Cylinder-Heads

Those are some nice heads, no core charge so I am in with them when I am ready. .500 lift 350cfm on the stage 2 heads. I want to see the numbers on the bigger valve heads. I am in the learning curve and a Newbee on this stuff but I will get the hang of it.

Well the small ones flow 408cfm the next bigger flow 420cfm and I am sure the big bad boys will flow 440-450cfm+ on a 4.125 bore I intend to run. Should make a bad *** monster for sure since indy clames their gen2 hemi heads big valve flow 480 @.800 lift. This neegen is an animal waiting to be born.

Little more progress. Neon wiper motor installed and working good. Also configuring my wiring setup for going bulkhead delete and eliminating underhood wiring.

Oh and this deal showed up the other day

-
Back