My sack of lemons....

-
Its gonna be used like a stock one. It has 5 pins but for now I will only use the hi,low and ground pins with my original switch.

More progress on mock up. Intake routing done and column mods done.
Now I just need to take it all back apart to finish engine compartment and build the engine....

Got the oil jets modified to fit with the 4.05" stroke. What a PITA but once I got past the first one they all went OK. I MIG welded them after shortening them and drilling out the bodies with a 5/32 bit. Then re-bent them to my eye ball. Here is a pic with a new 6.4 squirter sitting on top of one of my modded 6.1 squirters. Still gonna need a baby notch in the piston skirts.

I like how the intake goes into the fender well, can you post a picture of the other side, along with the air cleaner.

Thanks,

By the way the build is coming along nicely.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I like how the intake goes into the fender well, can you post a picture of the other side, along with the air cleaner.

Thanks,

By the way the build is coming along nicely.

Regards,

Joe Dokes
Thanks, I will get some pics when its complete. The filter will come off the other side with a 90 degree elbow and be right behind bumper, at least that is how I imagine it lol. The intake tube is a Charger/300 Ebay COLD air kit in the $79 neighborhood. I actually could have ran it through the radiator support too but I needed a spot for an overflow tank and also my PS cooler.

Thanks Wade, ill be intouch when it comes time to put the pan on. And yes this combo clears the stock tray and gasket!

Progress report, almost to the peak of this redo of engine compartment. Then its cage time inside.

Thanks Louis, no turning back now! It should be tastefully "altered" as long as I don't fall on my sword in the process. I want everything perfect, but at the end of the day, it would never get done with that thinking so I need to chill a bit. My welder was acting up the other day and now I have some welds that are not up to my standards. Welding 1/8 plate 16-18 gauge sheet metal takes the just right settings and the welder working tip top. I have the welder sorted so things are gonna start getting done. Need a notcher though now.

Received my tubing notcher and am now just about done. Gonna plate some stuff with some dimple dies. Wesley's Dart has so many good fab tips I would be an idiot to not copy at least a few of them.

Coming along nicely. Looks sharp.

Thanks Cev, if milodon had a pickup tube for my oil pan the engine would be done. Gonna assemble everything on K member with all, headers,bellhousing,starter and transmission. As long as my dollies can handle the weight.

-
Back