My Scamp on the Netflix series Mindhunter

-

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Last month I drove my Scamp to downtown Pittsburgh to be on the set of Mindhunter. It's a cool series and when I learned they were filming in Pgh again, I contacted the production and was called to bring in my car for background. It's parked on the street along with some other classic cars. In this pic you can see my 1975 Scamp and a 1973 Swinger behind me.

I met a really cool Mopar guy, Jerry. He said he's on FABO rarely, and he owns a REALLY sweet 1968 Formula S 340 Barracuda, which was also on the set.

This was my second time with the production. Back in August, I was an extra, playing a grounds crew guy at the airport for a couple scenes.
All in all, it was a cool experience to be on the set of a show, they paid a little $.
Scamp Mindhunter.JPG

I was an extra in a Filipino movie, bar scene. I was being served a drink by the star and got a great over the shoulder profile pic in the final cut. Was in a dance scene too. 3 shots took 18 hours. No pay but free beer the whole time and I could barely walk for the dance scene.

Mindhunter is a great series and love the mopar extras

My cars and myself were used in "The Post" "Wonder Woman II" and "Vice". Was in a couple scenes in The Post, need to wait and see about the other 2 movies that are coming out still.

My 68 Dart was used, along with other locals in a commercial for the local speed shop. We were all parked in front of the store. Pretty cool, saw it a few times.

Damn lucky you! I tried to get them to use my 68 in my avatar but never heard anything back.

Last month I drove my Scamp to downtown Pittsburgh to be on the set of Mindhunter. It's a cool series and when I learned they were filming in Pgh again, I contacted the production and was called to bring in my car for background. It's parked on the street along with some other classic cars. In this pic you can see my 1975 Scamp and a 1973 Swinger behind me.

I met a really cool Mopar guy, Jerry. He said he's on FABO rarely, and he owns a REALLY sweet 1968 Formula S 340 Barracuda, which was also on the set.

This was my second time with the production. Back in August, I was an extra, playing a grounds crew guy at the airport for a couple scenes.
All in all, it was a cool experience to be on the set of a show, they paid a little $.
View attachment 1715256031
Very cool!! Btw, I know that guy Jerry with the 68 Cuda. Great guy! We drove to pburgh last Feb and bought some rallyes off of him. The starter in my girlfriend's car took a dump and he came back over to the parking lot we were stranded in. Brought tools, took us to the parts store and stayed with us for over 4 hrs outside in the cold helping me replace that retarded starter. AND he left his jeep run the whole time so my girlfriend could stay warm. You met a great guy .

-
Back