My Sister...

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
If you can, just cross your finger and pray for the best. My Sister was rushed to the hospital late last night and is in ICU at Orlando Hospital. Preliminary diagnosis is double pneumonia. She's asthmatic and she doesn't need this challenge. I leave at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning and I wish I could squeeze in a social visit with local members. So unless you live within spitting distance of Orlando Airport and don't mind a brief lunch buddy, maybe next time.

It's always something..... :angry7:

I hope she will get this behind her soon.
This is a bad and scarred time for yall.:pale:
My prayers go out to you and your sister.[-o<

Hope all goes well for her and she recovers quickly.

There really is always something, we should appreciate our times of peace more.

John, I am sorry to hear about your sis. Double pneunomia is a difficult one. I am sure she will love that you are there with here. Our best to your sister for a speedy recovery. Hang in there!

First of all, thanks to everyone whom sent well wishes for my Sister. We've been very close all of our lives and it just plain sucks to have her like this. Believe me, if she hurts, I hurt.

I spoke ever so briefly with her a little while ago. Although she sounds horrible, she's stabilized. They have her on anti-biotics and an oxygen mask w/ 95% pure oxygen right now. Her lungs are not retaining oxygen and her blood oxygen level dropped below the safe limit of 90% all the way to the low 80's. Once the levels increase they'll back down the amount of oxygen and she how she responds. All we can do is wait...

Thanks again gang... we appreciate it.

Didn't you say she just had a b-day on the 4th? That's not very good timing. Good luck an hope she gets better soon!

Didn't you say she just had a b-day on the 4th? That's not very good timing. Good luck an hope she gets better soon!

Thanks for the well wishes. And your right, I called to wish her a Happy B`day on Tuesday and left a message. I never heard back from her figuring she was busy with school and / or her boyfriend. Late last night I got a text message about 11:00 PM with her saying she was on her way to the hospital and that she was sick on her Birthday. Then if you can believe it, on the way to the hospital they had trouble with the Ambulance! The damn thing broke down on the way (I can't make this stuff up... it broke down) and she didn't get there until almost mid-night. The last text I got was at 4:00 AM this morning.

I'm telling you, if there's a natural way of doing something, and a totally un-coventional way of it happening, guess which way it goes in my family?

I need a time-out..... :stop:

Hay John!! get some rest and take a break, She is in good hands and like you said!! You need a time out.8)
But I don't think you will.:-k
Take care of her the best you can, and keep the faith that she is strong
and this will pass.[-o<

Yes,prayers on the way i hope your sister gets well soon...

i will say a prayer for her tonight, i just lost my dad and it is the worst feeling in the world to have a loved one in the hospital, expcecially in ICU. i hope she gets better soon.

My flight leaves at 8:00am. I'll be there in a few hours and I'll see first-hand whats going on. I texted her last night and there was no change in her condition. She's comfortable and stabile, just not retaining oxygen.

Here's a shot of my Sister Karen with my Wife Amy. My Sister is the taller one. Thanks again for everyone's concern. See ya's in a few days.....
KnA_jpg-vi.jpg

-
Back