My son left today

-

340 Dart

I don't know ****.
Reaction score
Well my only child left this morning for Iraq. He joined the Army Sep 11 of last year.

I guess when he was growing up, I filled his head with too many of my stories when I was in the Marine corps and now that he is older, he wants
"adventures" of his own.

I am good with it, and damn proud of him. The wife is going to be a wreck for a while though. Keep him in your prayers please.

Jim

My hats off to both of you. You and your wife should be very proud. I will keep him in my prayers.

Mike

340...he (and you guys) will be in my thoughts! I have SO much resopect for you service folks!! Please pass on my thanks to him for me. If he is looking for some letters from home let me know, I would be happy to offer some diversion.
Joel

You got the prayers Jim........Thanks & Blessings to your son for serving the country like this.......their service is helping to keep our streets free from terrorism, and protect the American way of life...........

We're proud of all of our armed forces..........Sounds to me like he'll be taking his Dad's integrity with him.........that's a great asset.

Doc :salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Hope all is fine in his travels and he returns back ASAP to only share a good experience while he serves his time over there.
The best!

Congrats. I tryed very hard to get my son to join any branch of the service.
The smartest men I have known all got their knowledge there. Sure college can provide book smarts but the best of the best got "hands on" education through military duty, be it welder, fireman, mechanic, whatever.

340 Dart- we all will be thinking of him and sending our thanks in many ways, my brother is also in the army he is in iraq as we speak his tour is up in November; hopefully sometime someone will pull everyone out very soon. i would personally like to thank everyone in the armed forces who is fighting for us! THANKS TO THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE INVOLVED!

Damn proud of all of you . . . . you are all in my thoughts and prayers . . . . tell him I said "thank you" for serving oiur country . . .

thank you for what you have done in the past and your son will do in the futurefor are country , stay safe and will be praying daily for your son and all of our troops safe return, THANK YOU , todd

Thank you 340 Dart and tell your son "Thank You" too. My dad was a Marine in WWII and fought in the Pacific Theatre (3 beach heads). I too remember the many stories that he told. I will never forget him, and thanks for carrrying on the tradition.

:salute:
:usa2:

Why did he join the Army and not the Marines?

I have the highest respect for the men and women in the military past
and present.
Our prayers are with your son and your family and for his safe return home.
Thank you and god bless to all in the military.:thumrigh: :salut:

Our unit is shipping also this month. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and if you can send me a PM with his name or unit, I'll see try and look him up when I'm in country.

May God be with those who serve.

To the rest of us: please remember the vets when they leave the service. Think of them first when hiring new employees if you are in that position. Sometimes it is good to just say "thanks" to a vet. At a local restaurant, a soldier and his fiancee were having dinner. By the looks of his uniform, he was a combat engineer. Another patron quietly paid for their entire meal. He stood and announced to all that he was very thankful of the gesture and the support. All the patrons broke out into applause.

i know you must be very proud of him for joining the military but also somewhat worried/i also have a son in the army and a nephew. my son is in afghanistan in the middle of no where and my nephew did a tour there and is due to come to iraq later this year. my self i am on my third deployment in iraq as a civillian with the army and i have to say to all that it has really changed alot for the better here .it is still a war zone by all accounts but has been retively quiet for some time now.having been here this long and seeing how all branches of the service have had to work together has changed the way i look at the other branches of the military.all of them have some damn fine people in them ! my hat is always off to them all if ww2 was suposed to be the greatest generation ever then this generation of soldiers,sailors, marines and airman are just as good or better in my opinion! they do deserve all the respect that we can offer.

May God be with those who serve.

To the rest of us: please remember the vets when they leave the service. Think of them first when hiring new employees if you are in that position. Sometimes it is good to just say "thanks" to a vet. At a local restaurant, a soldier and his fiancee were having dinner. By the looks of his uniform, he was a combat engineer. Another patron quietly paid for their entire meal. He stood and announced to all that he was very thankful of the gesture and the support. All the patrons broke out into applause.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I was recently on a flight from L.A. back to the east coast. Before we boarded I noticed several Soldiers waiting in the gate area for the same flight. As Delta began clearing their Medallion Level Frequent Flyers for upgrades, I overheard a gentleman at the counter turn down his upgrade and instead request that they give it to one of the Soldiers. Kind of choked me up. One of those "Proud to be an American" moments.

Jim - May God bless and watch over your son. Same for all of the rest of our young men & women serving all over the globe.

Ray

Rays340, that certainly was a great gesture by that traveler. My best friends wife works the counter for USAIR at LaGuardia. Whenever there is first class space available, she will automatically seat a uniformed soldier in it for no charge.

Why did he join the Army and not the Marines?
Because of the stories. :snakeman: LOL

Thank you all for your kind words and thanks. As soon as I get to talk to him again I will pass them on.

-
Back