My son Matt had a pretty good day at Norwalk

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’ve always told you guys my son is 10 times the driver that I am but with his car sitting the last five years he’s been in and out of 8-10 different cars and dragsters. Well when he moved from Tiffin Ohio to Cleveland Ohio he’s been running a CNC machine during the day and working with Vic his longtime buddy that works at Wiseco pistons. I had planned to loan him an engine for his duster and he bought an aftermarket powerglide and Fab 9 inch. Still not able to finish his duster Vic let him drive his Duster. With early season rainouts it’s been hard to get on a roll till yesterday. Norwalk is probably one of the harder tracks to win because of car counts, one time trial, and no buybacks. They have a very nice end of year points payout. He’s car number 3x97 and had his time trial at 4:00 and first round at 7:30.

B23B81AA-2E27-4F53-A304-DB894163BD7F.jpeg

C303DFBC-5D41-41E5-BB76-25760A9F55CD.jpeg

Great job! He's driving both ends and the car repeats well.

Great job! He's driving both ends and the car repeats well.

Ya he was always pretty good on the top end where I lack the vision and flexibility. With so many dragsters it’s a tough game. Vic built a TrickFlow 408 for this car this year. He races a Volvo that used to have a big block Mopar in it but had an LS engine built for this year. I think he switched after the Mopar race was canceled at Norwalk because he could run it with the Mopar engine in it.

He let me know he won first round so I plugged his number I’m my app and could follow along all night. My temperature was 96 degrees last night and I was freezing in bed even with my furnace set at 72. My kidney stone acted up a couple days ago and I couldn’t even eat yesterday. So everytime I got up I could check out his progress.

What app is it that you use for timing and tracking?

Congrats!

I've raced there a few times. Tough racers. I used to foot brake. Have not raced in years. These young guys that grew up playing video games, are crazy consistent off the button! At least that's my theory. The packages to put down are very good!

He let me know he won first round so I plugged his number I’m my app and could follow along all night. My temperature was 96 degrees last night and I was freezing in bed even with my furnace set at 72. My kidney stone acted up a couple days ago and I couldn’t even eat yesterday. So everytime I got up I could check out his progress.
Hope the stone passes or dissolves soon. 72? My wife doesn't even begin to move unless it's 77, by then I'm in shorts and t-shirt or outside cooling off.

Great performance by your son and kudos to the car as well! Feel better and hope you can get out to the track with your boy real soon and enjoy the wins that are surely coming his way!!

Great driving !!! hope your stone passes , I know I have had eight of them , I've always passed them the last one they had to go in and remove ..OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH !!! funny story: my stones always seem to happen on a Friday night , one time I was heavily medicated for the pain at home , being a Saturday I wanted to go racing and informed my wife " I'm fine " her reply : “ honey the phone rang and you picked up the lamp and tried to answer it "

Last edited:
Great driving !!! hope your stone passes , I know I have had eight of them , I've always passed them the last one they had to go in and remove ..OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH !!! funny story: my stones always seem to happen on a Friday night , one time I was heavily medicated for the pain at home , being a Saturday I wanted to go racing and informed my wife " I'm fine " her reply : honey the phone rang and you picked up the lamp and tried to answer it "

I passed my first one in my motorhome during a race a Norwalk. I thought I saw blood but when you are dry came you try not to put a lot of water in the toilet bowl. The next time I did add water and this time it and blood came out. Heading in to pick up my prescription now that they said would be good for Lyme disease or urinary tract infection. I had three blankets on last night and bumped my furnace up to 77 and still froze. During the day I’m soaken wet.

I passed my first one in my motorhome during a race a Norwalk. I thought I saw blood but when you are dry came you try not to put a lot of water in the toilet bowl. The next time I did add water and this time it and blood came out. Heading in to pick up my prescription now that they said would be good for Lyme disease or urinary tract infection. I had three blankets on last night and bumped my furnace up to 77 and still froze. During the day I’m soaken wet.
Hope you are feeling better soon John and can get back to racing.

-
Back