my son roscoe

-
Sorry to hear. My Condolences, pets are a big part of a family. Do you have any other pets at home?

They are the reason he passed away...

I know the feeling, we've had to put down our previous two newfies due to health reasons. Hope you feel better soon.

yes i do and i frear that two had a part in this so i am in a confused state of mind do i take retribution on a dog that is only living and doing what dogs do or do i kill them bitches for hurting my son i am very hurt inside and want ideasa

They are the reason he passed away...

I know the feeling, we've had to put down our previous two newfies due to health reasons. Hope you feel better soon.

That I didn't know.Again Sorry to hear.

my son is gone and i am crying over this i am a 44 year old man and its very hard thanks to all fabo members for caring

I know how you're feeling, I recently lost my Greyhound, Chaucer and it hurt my heart deeply. He was the best dog ever and sometimes it felt like he was my only friend. I cried too and I'm 56.

my son is gone and i am crying over this i am a 44 year old man and its very hard thanks to all fabo members for caring

It's ok to cry, I did when I lost my Lab mix a few years ago. Now I have a GSD that is just as loving as Jeb was.

My condolensces, man I was hoping not to hear he passed. I respect you for saving the 2 females, but get rid of them. If it was me I wouldnt be able to look at them without feeling resentment. Find new homes for them and get yourself another one that you can spoil the hell out of! Good luck, let us know what happens.

Hey we are there for ya man. I still miss my guy Guinness, Passed away Nov 11 2009. I still miss the hell out of him

Attachments

• Guinness01.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 181
I understand, I miss my little buddy too . . . it's a hole that won't be filled for quite a while . . .

This was the thread I did not want to see, I know this is a big let down. You were still in your 20's when you got him. Personally I would hold off making a decision about your other two, at least for a little while, so you can feel sure you're not acting out of grief or spite. You will figure this out. Again, I'm so sorry you had to through this. You gave Roscoe a longer and happier life than many dogs get.

Sorry for your loss... I cried for days when I had to put my Golden Retiever down.... I still miss Bonnie...

Sorry to hear about your boy. Tears are part of life. We had to put Fred, a Black and Tan Coonhound to sleep in 2002 and his sidekick, Mister Max, a Red Heeler to sleep in 2008. Still hurts to this day. My eyes are getting misty as I type.....Try not to hold a grudge towards the other 2. Find them a good home.....

Shoot, I was reall hoping he'd pull through. Roscoe is now in the land of the slow squirrels and free of pain. I like to think that when I pass, all my dogs will be waiting for me.

Any of you animal lovers ever heard of the "Rainbow Bridge" http://rainbowsbridge.com/poem.htm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

thanks for all replys i am still debating on keeping the other two its hard to look at them knowing what happend to my other pup i still cant acknowledge them but i am feeding them and they just walk around like nothing happened nature is a ***** once again thanks too all that cared i am just trying to bury myself with work to keep occupied the sadness will pass

thanks for all replys i am still debating on keeping the other two its hard to look at them knowing what happend to my other pup i still cant acknowledge them but i am feeding them and they just walk around like nothing happened nature is a ***** once again thanks too all that cared i am just trying to bury myself with work to keep occupied the sadness will pass

Whatever decision you make will be the right one.

Sorry to hear about Roscoe. You've got a big heart in accepting the role of nature in the actions of your other dogs, but I'd have to agree that you would be better off giving them up at this point.

I lost a pet, (cat) this month as well after being mauled by my neighbor's dogs. Not my decision as to their future and I know they are important to their owner, but I can't feel very benevolent to the dogs when I see them over the fence. These dogs go nuts every time I let my Shepard out into our fenced yard. She just ignores them, although I'd dare say she'd tear them to shreds should they attack her. I worry about their newborn daughter should these dogs get aggressive again. My son misses his cat deeply and this was a pretty special animal. It will take a long time to get over this one.

-
Back