Hotwheelsjr

Reaction score
Started as this --

DCP_0992.jpg

And now...it's coming along nicely.

DSCF1631.jpg

DSCF1641.jpg

DSCF1692.jpg

Looking good how much longer till you get to drive it that when all the little hassles become a distant memory and you think you will do it all over again. Great Job Justin

Man that looks like crap! It clearly needs a 400 block in the trunk for ballast. :roll:

Looks good. :thumrigh:

Thanks all.

jjr426 - I'm trying to have it running by New Years.

OldVart - Yes -- that's FE5, Ralley Red

Jaxle - It's a mild 400 -- the car is originally a 400/727 car and I picked up a cheap 400 to drop in it. I still have the numbers block (with two smoked rod bearings and a toasted crank). The hood on my '67 is a '67 hood with a 70+ e-body top skin welded in place of the original top skin.

More pics to follow Sundayish... :)

The hood on my '67 is a '67 hood with a 70+ e-body top skin welded in place of the original top skin.
Slick trick and lot-o-work I bet.

The '73 looks good.

The RR looks nice. Can't wait to see it done. I sold m y 73 RR to my father in law about 7 years ago. He had Hughes engines build a 440 that's around 600 HP for it and rebuilt the suspension, rear end and brakes. The car is painted 92 Viper Red. Too bad he hasn't picked it up from the body guy and finished putting it together. Might be another five years at the rate he is going before the car is out on the road.

Cool car, here is a pic of my 1974 Satellite Sebring Plus 340, my very first car! :happy6:

Satellite 007.jpg

Thanks all.

jjr426 - I'm trying to have it running by New Years.

OldVart - Yes -- that's FE5, Ralley Red

Jaxle - It's a mild 400 -- the car is originally a 400/727 car and I picked up a cheap 400 to drop in it. I still have the numbers block (with two smoked rod bearings and a toasted crank). The hood on my '67 is a '67 hood with a 70+ e-body top skin welded in place of the original top skin.

More pics to follow Sundayish... :)

I feel so left out. you respond to everyone but me... where's the psychiatrist. :shock:

Again it looks very good. :mrgreen:

Well, it's been a while -- so here goes -- progress pics of my son's '73 RR look-alike (originally an SSP).

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1701.jpg

DSCF1700.jpg

DSCF1706.jpg

DSCF1707.jpg

DSCF1712.jpg

DSCF1714.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

New windshield this morning, interior is mostly in (minus the column and kick panels), brakes are all on (not bled yet, though :frown:), my son thinks he's stealing my back wheels off my Demon :laugh:, pass side header is in (DS either tonight or tomorrow :hammer:). Should be ready to run by this weekend!! :drive:

DSCF1738.jpg

DSCF1739.jpg

DSCF1742.jpg

DSCF1735.jpg

Ok...so she has plates on her and my son hasn't let me have the keys since Tuesday afternoon...

DSCF1778.jpg

DSCF1783.jpg

BTW -- Phoenix guys -- we'll be heading out to 83rd ave and Beardsley Saturday night. There's a Safeway on the corner there and every Sat night about 200 cars show up. It'll be the first night we've had the RR out there. I'll be traveling with Rick (71autoxr), his brother (with the Cobra) and another buddy of ours, Dick (with a late 60's GTO). If ya can make it...look us up!!

-- Mike

Mike, Very nice.

This car looks GREAT in person. Better than the pics IMHO.

Have fun Sat night.

wow looks great did your son at least give you a nice pat on the back and a thank you ( well not in public that would be embarassing ) Nice job the car looks awesome. Justin

wow looks great did your son at least give you a nice pat on the back and a thank you ( well not in public that would be embarassing ) Nice job the car looks awesome. Justin

LOL!! Yeah, he's quite appreciative. I funded it, but he's been there the whole way wrenching with me...

Thanks!!

Mike, Very nice.

This car looks GREAT in person. Better than the pics IMHO.

Have fun Sat night.

Will do...funny thing -- I had no idea who you were (crackedback?) until now...LOL!! The 400 in the trunk confused me, but now I know what the heck you were talking about!! LOL!!

THANKS!!

LOL!! Yeah, he's quite appreciative. I funded it, but he's been there the whole way wrenching with me...

Thanks!!

wow you funded it are you looking to adopt a son for a couple months i have a dart already i just need someone to pay the bills to build it :-D:-D I hope i can see it sometime this summer possibly. I will be down if phoenix sometime in june hopefully to get my wife down to see her mom. If so maybe we can meet up so i can see the car in person.
And possibly that baracuda i think it is with the e body hood grafts i love the look of that car. Again Great job Justin

-
Back