My Vc needs a birthday

-

Daz570

Thread Inturpreter
Reaction score
have been putting it off for too long now,

my baby Vc 273 has been in dire need of a tune up including that last cam lobe (which didn't stop her taking me to two Chryslers on the Murray (un official national val run here)) and another carby, carter 2bbl doesn't do it for me.
Picture002.jpg

The origonal plan was to drop my 360 4bbl in her and be done, but it lacks a certain, finese'.

How about a Dcoe weber and 90 degree runner matched to the origonal manifold (45 or 48, whatever turns up on ebay at the right price) with filter finishing just in front of the water pump in the engine bay.
Complimented by a big lift short duration solid cam of FABO's recomendation and a slippery centre for the factory fitted 3.23 diff.

Hahaa, i found the miss i've been looking for :) (that's the top of a pushrod, sorry for the dodgy photo)

Image033.jpg

but now my dilemma,

I have aquired a solid cam and lifters that may be a tad much, I can't seem to find the specs for it now but it was rated at something between 3500 and 6500, but at the moment even with the nasty miss the car's been fine through the rev range,

do i, just throw it back together with a new set of pushrods or do i throw the monster solid at it while it's apart?

will throw progress shots of the carb modification soon too, here's the carb that's going on

Image064.jpg

Well it turns out the bit of lifter in the valley was from an earlier repair, heres the cause of my miss :)

Image035.jpg

bent pushrods suck! i should know. i say fix what you have and save the monster cam for another setup. those wheels look great on that car, who makes them?

sweet! around my neck of the woods you could more than double that. seems like there is too many people on crack these days. if you plan on just using it as a driver i say stick with the 273. its a great classic motor that makes good power, is reliable, revs well and sometimes doesnt get the respect it deserves. it opened the door to all of our a bodies having V8's!

HAHAA my tax return dollars at work arrived in the mail today, i wasn't the keenest on braking up my set of rt webers (45mm)

so i was fortunate enough to snag an as new 48mm today
burns035.jpg

manifolds almost tig'd up, will throw up snaps when sorted (hopefully this weekend)

i know it's a tad different, but i'm sick to death of seeing the same old stuff at runs, and of course the sound that these carbys make is HORN imo.

dan

-
Back