My very first mopar

-

mopar426

Reaction score
Ive been a mopar fan for most of my life and im 168) and i finally got me a 1971 dodge demon with a 318 but im dropping my 440 in it after i get it built so im looking for any helpful tips thanks.

cool deal man u need to post some pics i bout my first car a dustar when i was 16 and hell its still not done and im 19 lol

Welcome new young gun mopar426.
We are happy to see more young guns join this great site.
Start of by asking and looking at all the tec threads and enjoy.

1971 dodge demon :thumbrig:

cool deal man u need to post some pics i bout my first car a dustar when i was 16 and hell its still not done and im 19 lol

Psssst mopar426, moparkid340 just turned 19 today.:cheers:
he is a great young gun here and he is correct8) we like pictures =P~

Congrats on the purchase. Building a big block a-body is not the hardest thing to do. Lots of good tech out there, AND SOME BAD TECH.......

Ive been a mopar fan for most of my life and im 168) and i finally got me a 1971 dodge demon with a 318 but im dropping my 440 in it after i get it built so im looking for any helpful tips thanks.

Its ironic now that I'm pushing 40 when some one 16 says "all my life". You have MANY years of scraped knuckles ahead of you. It was about 16 when I first drove my dads 66 barracuda S and I was hooked as well. Have fun with your demon. Some of the best times of my youth were wrenching on muscle cars with my friends.

Its ironic now that I'm pushing 40 when some one 16 says "all my life". You have MANY years of scraped knuckles ahead of you. It was about 16 when I first drove my dads 66 barracuda S and I was hooked as well. Have fun with your demon. Some of the best times of my youth were wrenching on muscle cars with my friends.
Ditto...

I still remember my first Duster. It was a 71 /6 auto, that I wanted to put a big block in :D

Good luck with it, and post pix!

j

Ditto x3 LOL

Welcome aboard Mopar426! It's great to have you here. Watch out for these guys though ... they'll teach you a lot, answer all of your questions, help you out with parts and advice, and subject you to TONS of car ****. :-D

mopar426.. the ripe old age of 16 eh! Well your starting out the rest of your life in the right place as you will soon see. Welcome to the site and I hope and know you will enjoy your time here! First things first though, we always need pics no matter what!

thanks alot guys ill get some pics of the car as soon as i download the pics to my computer:toothy10:

Welcome! OHHH to be that young again! Best of luck with the project, enjoy!!!

hey i found your post and thought it was me. im 16 also but i got a 72 demon when i was 14 and 1/2 and me and my dad have been restoring it since. were puttin a 440 in mine also mines a 4 speed manual steering and brake im at the stage of putting the short in but im still researching things like headers and things. im probly gonna use shumacher mounts and tti headers. yo w/b tell me watcha think!!!!!

Title line says 168 not16 which is it. are you a young buck or an old fart like me? Im guessing OF since you said finnaly getting a mopar. Wont this get everyone lol

At 16 and finally finding a 1971 dodge demon.:cheers:
Heck at 16 I was looking for anything that I could get my feet
in and drive to my girl friends house.=P~
My mom had a dodge Monaco
What does your mom and dad drive mopar426?
I always wanted a A-100 and put a 426 Hemi in the back.
Enjoy this great site and ask for any help you may need.

Welcome to the greatest site on the internet! I bought my first Mopar when i was 16 also. It was a 72 charger with a 383 magnum, rusted from the window's down, but it flew. Good luck with the car!

you no its great to finally find people to talk mopars with cause all my friends are chevy and ford guys every time i hear they got somethin new i just tell them im sorry for there disorder for like them.

The specs on the "SCREAMIN DEMON" auto 727 with a mild shift kit b&m shifter 318 bored 30 over with 360 heads mild cam edelbrock intake and a 650 dp "way to big" . im tryin to get pics bare with me.

my mom drives a 06 gt mustang "tang tang" she calls it
my step dad drives a 04 dodge 5.7 hemi truck

all my friends are chevy and ford guys

dude thats the story of my life lol
i just tell them ill see yall at race day
or the mustang guys i just tell them i cant tell their cars apart bc they all look the same lol
good luck to you man
cant wait to see your demon

My only bit of advice is to know what you want to do with your car and build it properly for your purpose-there is never enough time to do it right, but always more time to do it again!

-
Back