My very first mopar

-
Our army is getting bigger and younger!! WELCOME ABOARD MAN!!!

MOPAR or NoCar por Vida!!!

Well back in 1955 Iwas workijg in a Mobl Cas Station and a little old lady comes in and can't get the to and to make a long story shot . I haul Plymoyyh Coupe home with no back seat and for the 6 month i was one happy camper Out Came flat head six and in went the Big Bad Hemi Dodge Ramm a specil plate to blot old Olds Hyrd. & 8/3/4 3.55 and when it was done I was HELL on Wheel . Used go fontana/Morrow Drag strip//Pommona/most of old one here in SO.Cail Even Palmdale. Sometine I will get some pictures OUT. Thanks FOR TIKM

I a tkaking my paikillers and cannot see the letters much and mysplling ig not doin to go everbody tdkecrge

Ive been a mopar fan for most of my life and im 168) and i finally got me a 1971 dodge demon with a 318 but im dropping my 440 in it after i get it built so im looking for any helpful tips thanks.

Right on. Good luck with your build. A + RB = Fun.

Good show! Welcome to the site and enjoy! My first car was a '71 dart 4 door /6, when I was 17 and bought a '71 Demon 318 3 on the floor manual trans when I was 18. I've had the fever since and i'm only 46 now!
Good luck on your project, and may all of your big block dreams come true, even though it's a pretty big undertaking to do the swap, don't get discouraged and follow it through.
Let's see the pics and progress pics as you do the car!
Tom.:evil4:

I was 17 when I got my first CAR! A 68 Charger w/318. Back seat is 5'2" Mary lou was 5'. Welcome to the club.

fisrt you need lots of money. id build the 318. the 440 will suck gas and make power. but with this crappy econemy you need to think it thru a little better before dumping all the money you make into it. i have a 300hp 318 in my Dart Sport and itll do just fine. you gotta remember how light these cars are and there is honestly no weight in the rear so you dont need all that motor. if you do a 440 you have to beef up the frame get a new rear get 500 dollar headers and 100 dollar mounts. 318 you can rebuild and make gobbs of power for under 2000 bucks and have to make no bodily changes or drivetrain swaps.

dam i new that would happen help me out on getting picks on here

sorry man im a bigblock kinda guy but ill take a 340 all day long8)

I'M sixteen...........with 25 years of experience Lol.welcome to F.A.B.O. right click on pic,go to attributes,go to "stretch,skew" downsize to 80% and then save to,add a name for the shrunk pic's and then you can post them on here by "go advanced"then manage attachments, then Browse,then double click on the shrunk pic and they will post or your computer will blow up......if it don't blow the roof off your "crib" hit save and then it will post with your reply.anyone know a good roofer??????

Demon008small.jpg
Demon009small.jpg

Demon001.jpg
Demon003.jpg

Demon010.jpg
Demon002.jpg

user_offline.gif

yeah the roof is still from what i can see but the vynile so im takin it off and painting it

You can tune that 318 to suprise EVERYONE of your D-O-R-F(Resituate the letters)and Chittylet buddies...If ya figure they are mostly running 302's and 305's.The big block in the A-body if you're on a budget is a Mistake.AND a Anchor for than Sail if not done right.
I have a Customer that bitched how slow his '69 Charger was.It had a 318 with a 3310(650 single feed Vacum Secondary)Holley on it.He kept telling me how bad the carb was and he had put 3 different ones on.He brings the car over and I go through it.I had to change the Converter(He had a Stock 318 800 Stall in it).I put one of my Custom made converters in it with just a 2400 Stall.He had the Carb so FAT and screwed up it took me a day to straighten out.I then changed the Dual Point to a Electronic Distributor with Orange Box.I also changed the Rear Gear.It had a 2.76 Open in it and I put in a 3.91 Sure-Grip.I then put a Kick Down Assembly on the transmission(He had NONE on it and a basic CARD shift Kit).This made the car a DIFFERENT machine...He thought I had changed the engine out.The car went from getting about 7 MPG to 18 1/2 and had PLENTY of power...The owner had wanted me to put a 440 in it over the winter...After I fixed everything else on it and the way it ran it whipped his buddies 454 Chevelle.He said To Hell With the Big Block This does VERY WELL...That was 15 years ago.He races it at the track 4-5 times a year and takes it to car shows and LOVES it....

AND....ABOUT a 650 DP being TOO BIG that is FALSE.... It is all in the TUNING of the carb that does it.I have had Stock 383's with 1150 Dominators on them.I have a '68 B-Fish with a 340 and 360's(stock).I have went the fastest of 11.80 on Street Tires through the mufflers.I have a 984 CFM CARBSHOP Carb(Started as a 4781 DP 850 Holley)on it.I Have 50CC Pumps and 50MM Squirters.It depends which Engine I put in it for which Jet Size I use.I usually have 68-72 and I ALWAYS make it SQUARE(All 4 Jets the same).I Check the Vacum at the Carb Base with the car in Low and foot on the brake at Idle and then take away 2 to 2.5 for the Power Valves.This car is DEADLY consistant and DOESN'T have to have a Big Block(Though it HAS been accussed my the Chebby-Dorf Boys of having on)in it...

It sounds like the 318 ALREADY has a Great Start to being HEALTHY...

Good Luck Youg-Blood...If ya Need any help or Parts holler..

SS

man i wish you were hear in texas sounds like you a thing or to about small blocks well mabye you can help me out with carb issue when i get on it it falls on its face then starts building up from there the fuel bowls like to stick so im goin to try and put in a smaller vaccum what do you think

man i wish you were hear in texas sounds like you a thing or to about small blocks well mabye you can help me out with carb issue when i get on it it falls on its face then starts building up from there the fuel bowls like to stick so im goin to try and put in a smaller vaccum what do you think

E-mail me your E-mail addy...

SS

Well to start off, im not a MoPar guy. This is my bro-in-laws dream project car, a '72 dart or duster(havent looked at it that close yet). Well unfortunatly he passed away the weekend before Thanksgiving, and i am doing everything i can to keep the car and get it going. He has everything there it just needs to be put together(i hope). The K-member has been swapped, front suspension completly redone to put a 383 HP in it. i need to put the motor mounts on, but not sure how to locate the correct position. not sure what tranny, but the gears are 420's with a mini spool. i probably will ask alot of dumb *** questions, but this site has helped me some already. Actually that was our rivelery, we was MoPar,(which gives me a rash when i get too close) and i am a Ford guy ( which made him go blind when he got too close). Thanks in advance for the help.

mopar426 Congats on your purchase! Have lots of Fun with it. I remember back in the day crusin main in my 69 Dart Gts 340 4 speed. For some reason the cops were always close buy.

andysdream383 Sounds like you and your bro had lots of good times. I always have a great time with my bro in law. I tell him I can hear his elcamino rusting.

Well to start off, im not a MoPar guy. This is my bro-in-laws dream project car, a '72 dart or duster(havent looked at it that close yet). Well unfortunatly he passed away the weekend before Thanksgiving, and i am doing everything i can to keep the car and get it going. He has everything there it just needs to be put together(i hope). The K-member has been swapped, front suspension completly redone to put a 383 HP in it. i need to put the motor mounts on, but not sure how to locate the correct position. not sure what tranny, but the gears are 420's with a mini spool. i probably will ask alot of dumb *** questions, but this site has helped me some already. Actually that was our rivelery, we was MoPar,(which gives me a rash when i get too close) and i am a Ford guy ( which made him go blind when he got too close). Thanks in advance for the help.

Rear Gear could either be a 4.10 or 4.30..Mopar or aftermarket didn't build a 4.20..

The Mounts go on the Engine and are Side Pertinent(Only Fit One Side).If you have a Set than you will see how they go pretty easy..The one that goes on the left(If this is NOT a Spool Style K-Frame)will need to bolt onto the Boss's on the front of the engine.The mounts then will have and isolator with a DIMPLE that goes Toward the Mount in the correct hole..
If it is the SPOOL Type there is One Bolt that goes in Parralel with the frame and the K-Frame will have a notch in the top in two places..U-Shaped...

The only BB Trans Mopar Built was a 727.Make sure to put a good converter in it..If not you will have ALL kinds of problems that you will be blaming on the Carb/Distributor When Driving..

Need any Help Holler.

Good Luck!

SS

-
Back