My wife HATES my car.

-
Seriously though, marriage should not be entered into or exited from lightly.

Agreed, however many are too young to realize what they are actually entering into. By the time some realize, it can be too late to escape cleanly. People change, especially women after they have kids. I just gave in for far too long. Eventually you have to stand up or what's the point of it all? Kids need a Dad and a Mom they can have respect for, not just someone who does what they are told. If it ain't a 2 way street then it's a bad road to be on!

Cley

Too many of us equate sex with love. Nothing could further from the truth. True love is the goal, Biblical partners in everything, is the very best.

My house my rules my money. As long as the house and kids are taken care of and bills are paid. Not my problem it’s hers. Since we been married I bought another house just to build a shop to work on my cars and she hates the house. Again not my problem house is making money bills are paid and kids are healthy. And I’m putting her through collage she said when i die she sell it all (good luck) kids get it all. LOL

0259330B-380F-44AD-8838-3EA984CD656D.jpeg

you could always get a husband...

30 years now- I had mopars when my wife met me, and have had dozens of cars come and go over the years. She doesn't really seem to care either way. But the whole "this is the last one, the car I've always wanted" thing kind of wore out years ago...
:lol:

Now she is kind of a doomsday prepper so cars without computers are good to go.

Seriously though, marriage should not be entered into or exited from lightly.
Totally agree.
My first wife was my high school sweet heart. She liked and drove my 69 Charger. Three years in she decided that she would rather do cocaine and the drummer that she met than me. So I filed for divorce.
Met my 2nd a couple years later but married her for all the wrong reasons. She was hot. Beautiful long legs all the way up to her honeydew melons. That got to be a pain in the ***. Couldn't even take my wife to dinner without some jackhole trying to pick her up right in front of me. Got tired of fighting and as I stated before, toooooo many demons in her head so I again filed for divorce.
Met my 3rd a few years later and was married for 18 years but we drifted apart. After consistently blaming me for her misery I again filed for divorce. Was getting pretty good at that.
Been single and alone for 12 years now. I have 4 awesome kids and 8 grandkids that are all my biggest blessings. My cars mostly got put on hold so my kids could go to college. Maybe someday I'll meet the right woman.
Still no regrets here.

Married once, divorced once. Slammed my fingers in car door once, won't do that again either.

My first divorce was at the of 23. Wasn't going to go through the rest of my life alone because of her.
The 2nd was a dumbass decision and got divorced at 28. Still a lot of life left.

If a wife cares more about her husband than herself...and IF the husband cares more about is wife than himself......marriage will always work out great.
When we are young and doing our dating, IF we had a good knowledge of personality types and just basic human nature, and cared less about sex.... we could maybe pick the right mate?
If a woman does not like to cook but eats like a bird... check her out.. but look at her mom and dad...that tells you a lot in more ways than ten. Then ask her grandma about her.
My list is long. Experience.

When I met my wife I had a '86 Turbo Z C/S, '72 Demon, '63 Fairlane, and a 340 at a machine shop. What other sign would one need ???? LOL

... Been single and alone for 12 years now. I have 4 awesome kids and 8 grandkids that are all my biggest blessings. My cars mostly got put on hold so my kids could go to college. Maybe someday I'll meet the right woman.
Still no regrets here.

When my first wife left, I was numb for about a year. Then I would not even look at women for another year, figuring they were all like the first wife. Started going out with a friend as his "wingman", and quickly decided there was no one worth spending time with. I thought I was safe. Swore off women. Cowboy action shooting or going to the drag races and car shows with friends on weekends. Taking my three kids to South Dakota every summer to visit my Dad. Then my 2nd wife decided she liked me. About a year later she asked me to go to a Christmas party. After that we could not stand to be apart from each other. Still married after 26 years. Not worth getting married unless they are very special. Definitely not worth even dating unless they are very special. Don't waste your emotional capital.

*Just to provide some context before continuing so it makes sense, I'm Muslim and looking for someone with the same beliefs, unfortunately I live in one of the least ethnically/culturally/religiously-diverse places in the country so I'm almost entirely dependent on phone/online apps and my extended family on the east coast. I'm not opposed to meeting and talking to non-Muslim women locally I just never seem to meet any that I find interesting or attractive, who are still single lol. And when the time comes to tie the knot I don't want our differences in religion becoming an issue because sooner or later it always does.*

So...... I was briefly "married" in my early 20s (around 2015) to a super hot but bitchy and just all-around terrible woman of Syrian descent but raised in Dubai (RED FLAG if you are familiar with that place). I was as naive as can be, had no prior relationship experience and was wooed by her smoking looks. LONG story short, her mother forced her to marry me so she (the MOTHER) could get citizenship. This girl did not even enjoy being around me, I once asked "hey you spend all day in the bedroom watching TV, I could use some help out in the garage or at least some company" her response was "Ehhh no, I don't do those kinds of things." She would rather hang out with friends or her phone/laptop than with me. Thankfully we were living with my parents and my mother would not let a day go by without telling me how that girl didn't love me and she wanted her out of her house and out of my life. Her constant pressure finally got me to figure things out... lots more I could tell but it's all just bad memories and hard lessons, I've moved on.

Now I've been searching for the next one for the past 6 years or so and the FIRST thing I always bring up is that I am passionate about working on cars and engines and it's a big part of my life. Based on their reaction to that it's either go or no-go. One girl I'm chatting with right now was super impressed when I told her I build engines as a hobby... BIG check mark there!!! "That's so cool you have the skills to work on something so intricate, you must be pretty smart and a helpful guy to have around!" :D:D Also gotta agree on things like career plans, college, raising kids when the time comes, managing money... if we don't see eye-to-eye on ALL those issues it's on to the next girl! I've talked to at least 30 women over the past 6 years and met maybe 10-15 of them and we didn't get past the talking stage for various reasons. But one thing is for sure, the only ones I bother with are ones who are AT LEAST respectful of my hobbies and see the benefit of having someone good at fixing things as a husband.

Oh and when the time comes to get to the legal marriage part you can bet your asses I'm gonna have a nice thorough prenup drafted! I'm not trying to get shafted by our broken/outdated and biased marriage/divorce laws here.

Not sure exactly what advice to give the OP but all I know is I could not allow myself to be in a situation like that. If she doesn't like the car itself but is still supportive and helpful in your Mopar lifestyle I'd say that's acceptable and can be worked out but if not... sorry to say that's just not wife material, at least for me. I'd be depressed ALL THE TIME having to live with someone like that.

Melissa hates my cars . She hates my dirtbikes , my compound bow , my hockey equipment , my RV , beer .............
I told her she was Funproof !

This morning my wife and I were on the phone with one of my best friends from high school (and my date to the senior prom). Gina is a neural radiologist and we needed to get her opinion on something that happened to my wife over the weekend. She was saying how sorry she was that we were going through this and I told her that we still are having fun. She was a little surprised given all the medical stuff over the years, so I responded, "You know me...". She was glad that I hadn't changed. Donna is always willing to go have fun, if she is physically up to it.

My first wife was a monster. I told her when we were dating, that if she didn't like cars, don't marry me.
Well, I don't know if she hated cars, but, she was the type that wanted everyone to be miserable.
She fought about everything. Even things that had nothing to do with her.
I have been married to my 2nd wife for 32 years now. She's my best friend. We rarely fight about anything.

My last wife is a narcissistic drama queen. She would ask me a question and then argue my answer. I would say if you know the answer then why are asking the question? Trying to start a fight?
We do actually get along now that I don't have deal with her and she leaves me alone. I do have to see her at Xmas, Thanksgiving and the kid's birthdays.

It always amazes me how many people, including people who post on this board...

...seem to genuinely dislike or even have an outright hatred for their wives.

Seriously, you couldn't tell there was gonna be an issue before you got married?

I can tell in less than 3 weeks. More often within the first 2 hours of meeting someone.

Last edited:
^^^ A good woman is easy to love, and if she is the right one, she will love you back!!
IF you have the right one, thank God Almighty every day for her.

I agree, I had a good one for 21 years that lost her life in 1993 at 39 years old. I have dated several through the last 28 years and said I would never remarry but I met one a couple of years ago that is different from the rest. It didn't take long to know that this is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. We have set a date in Oct, Joe
^^^ A good woman is easy to love, and if she is the right one, she will love you back!!
IF you have the right one, thank God Almighty every day for her.

Seriously, you couldn't tell there was gonna be an issue before you got married?
With #1 and #3, no. #2 I was an idiot. I get along with #3 and wish her all the best. Haven't seen #1 since 1983 and #2 is dead. Still never had any hate towards them. Life goes on.

My wife recently said to me (in front of my mopar friends) "All I heard for over 20 years is chevelle, chevelle, chevelle!! And now we've got this damn orange thing in the garage! Whats wrong with you?"
Still love her though.
20220514_213118.jpg

My 3rd wife called my 72 Satellite a Chevelle for 10 years. She said it looked just like her brother's 67 Chevelle. :realcrazy:

-
Back