My wife's 64 Dart got clipped

-

honcho

Reaction score
We have an all original 64 Dart,wife stopped in a parking lot and some fellow clipped the front headlight bezel and bent the front bumper. The bumper I am going to have straightened,cause a shiney new bumper would not go good with an all original car. Her car has original paint ,interior,floor mats,everything,man it has been unmolested and taken very good care of. If anybody has a good used bezel,please let me know,I don't want nos bezel (if they exist),as it would not look right. Thanks in advance for any help,I tried to send a photo,but don't know if I did it correctly,oh well,we buy them to drive them and to enjoy them,things happen. Thanks again for any help Todd

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 326
I'm sure someone will have parts for you. Sorry to hear about the damage but it can be fixed and as long as no one was hurt it's ok. tmm

The closer you park to the building the greater the chance that happens. Hope you find the part needed.

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you find a replacement bezel...

Be careful installing it so you don't wipe a clean spot on the paint.... J/K..

Does someone reproduce these??? I really don't want a new one,but may have to settle for one if I can't find a decent used one.

Does someone reproduce these??? I really don't want a new one,but may have to settle for one if I can't find a decent used one.

You might get one that has some light dings and get it repaired

Had much of the trim on my dart restored

Yea it's just a damn shame this car was unmolested for 50 plus years and now I am down to finding a bezel,a used bezel,so I can make her right again.The bumper will be straightened out,but man it's tuff finding a good bezel,but no worries,we will find one and all will be good again.She still gets 21mpg and is sooo fun to drive,she just floats down the road. My wife has a toyota and would prefer driving the dart, thanks again for any help Todd

Thats a shame. Had the same thing happen in a parking lot to a '64 New Yorker i owned some time back. Right Rear Tail light. Check out the parts listing at:

http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/welcome.html

Gary (the owner, moderator, webmaster) helped me find an oem replacement from a junk yard in Arizona IIR. If you don't see anything on the site, Email him. Super nice guy. Good luck.

yes I been looking for a bezel for my 64 for a whileeeeeee, last nice pair of used on feebay brought what $250 for the pair, I have seen singles go for that much too.

you would think they would be repoped??? not that many 64 cars out there, but seems like they all got injured in this bezel. but then again, the candycane for the 65 dart is repoped with a price of ?? $250-275???? at Layson's....

65-6 dart bezels are similar bezel and same (fender), location, but never bring anywhere near that! maybe some difference in how the bumper protects the 65 bezel??

I feel for your loss. hope someone has ins. to cover this!

like I said, far as I know, not repoped ( if so someone tell me where!), decent used ones are high, nice ones can go for big bucks, due to lack of supply of any , and its usually the last piece needed for a guy that painted his 64!!!!! ya know how bad a crummy bezel looks one a $7000 paint job! so nice ones can get expensive. good luck!

What about Memory Lane? AFAIK, they ship anywhere. (Though you might have to buy a pair...)

-
Back