My wife's grandmother is dying.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
She is 95. She gave birth to and raised 10 children. Her husband died 6 months ago.

She is ready to go, she has lived a happy and full life. She has talked to all her grandchildren and children.

She isn't dying of anything specific, it's just that her body is giving out.

She is in the hospital and the doctors keep chasing one thing after another.

It just feels like a weird situation.

This has been going on for about 3 months but the end is getting close.

Sounds like she has led a good life. Not to be cold , but I hope she passes peacefully.....

Condolences to you and your wife. Sounds like my Mother she passed this morning - her heart just gave out after 86 years.

She lived a long life and the nice thing to remember is that you have had her for so many years to always be there for advice, wisdom and for love of family. I lost my Mom at 62 yrs in 1996 and she was the glue that held together the family. I have 6 Brothers and 1 Sister. My birth father died at 44 yrs in 1973. I am very blessed that my step father who will turn 89 at the end of March is still alive but he is in failing health. Remember your parents or grandparents for the wonderful people that they are. The world is not the same today as it was years back and there are so many older people who are left to die alone and brokenhearted. Prayers sent.

Sorry to hear this....not to might light of her situation but we should all be so lucky to make it to 95 and wear out. My mother died at 63 and my brother at 49, both of heart attacks.

Sorry to hear that 340, as you said, she's lived a happy an full life, and that's something your wife can hold on to. Still never easy to lose some one you've known and loved your entire life.
My sympathies and prayers to you and the family. Be strong for the family.

My sincere condolences.
My grandmother left us last summer, also 95, 8 childeren. Papa is hanging on ( also 95 ) so there still 5 generations of us alive today.
I think the sadest part is loosing those anchors or glue that held the family tight.
Those traditional gatherings like Christmas, Mothers Day, will never be the same for my generation. We can only pray these traditions are as long standing and cherished for our grandchildren. Peace

Many folks was blest to have had her in there life I bet 340
My she go in peace and our humble condolences to all the family and friends in her life.
From all of us here on the hill.

-
Back