My work asked me to build a bar stool racer

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
Well we have an open house BBQ coming up next week and my boss asked me if i could build a bar stool racer for the event. I guess he wants our customers to have a good time. first thing i thought about was liability but thats above my pay scale. He just told me to build a cart with a bar stool for a seat and a cool steering wheel. well here is what i came up with. made it a bit wider and longer than most i saw online.

I pulled the governer out of the engine simply to make the linkage easier to build.

I built the clutch brake and linkage rods from scratch too.

built the steering column and linkage all from scratch too.

took it out for the maiden voyage and it is way too fast for what we have planned. it does and easy 40 mph. had to install a throttle stop.

now i just gotta break it all down and finish weld it all and dress the welds then its time for paint.

You didn't use an AlterK?????

That's pretty cool. You must have a great boss

Just make sure you lay in a good supply of " liability release" and "hold harmless" forms, for people to sign BEFORE attempting to ride it.

If something should go wrong, you'd be surprised how quickly you can go from being a friend and employee, to builder and defendant.

That said, that one bitchin' ride you built!

Just make sure you lay in a good supply of " liability release" and "hold harmless" forms, for people to sign BEFORE attempting to ride it.

If something should go wrong, you'd be surprised how quickly you can go from being a friend and employee, to builder and defendant.

That said, that one bitchin' ride you built!

I have saved the email that my boss sent to me asking me to build the kart on the company dime and to do all the work on the clock. I have that at least showing that I was instructed by my boss to build it.

its a real kick in the pants around the warehouse. we have concrete floors that are hard trowel finished. it drifts around the shop pretty good.

I vote it's going to buckle right here. :D

Attachments

• snap.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 327
Is the boss serving beer at open house? I don't see where this could go south in a hurry LOL. Nice build.

If it was mine I would have it coated for sure but its on the company dime and its short notice so its gonna get rattle canned.

Awsume build.!! looks like someone bought some stuff from Harbour Freight...,which is fine by me I buy alot of stufffrom them, it looks real real nice for a rattle can job too!! Now when the party is over, take it remove the throttle stop and add this:

images

-
Back