My worst cam degree yet, perhaps in history!

-

Baxter61

Reaction score
So i was degreeing a camshaft last night; I go through the usual steps, TDC, Dot to Dot, etc. I check the cam via intake centerline method shooting for 106 to 110, and the results were......wait for it.........20! Yes, 20, not 120, 20! I could not believe how far off this was.

My go to story for why I really got firm about degreeing cams was my 440 that I stuck a .509 in "dot to dot", 10:1 comp, headers, blah blah blah and it laid a whopping 296 hp to the rear wheels and we couldnt get the AFR above 10.5 on the chassis dyno. Long story short I had the motor out and checked the degree of the cam, it was over 14 degrees retarded! That made be a firm believer of this degreeing nonsense.

Fast forward to yesterday I always thought that 14 was rediculous, I have now redefined rediculous. Degree your cams boys!

Wow...........just WOW....................

It was a NOS MP .557 and a NOS MP Double Roller timing chain set. at 100 degrees off, yea, something aint right! lol Do you think I would of had P to V clearance problems if I just "lined it up dot to dot" haha

worthless.gif

xisaaleadri9a38ef2gu0pc6.jpg

mb_240d_intake_head-side_small.JPG

6289307315_8817c4cc98_z.jpg

-
Back