Mystery air flow

-

dnicodemus12

Reaction score
Just rebuilt ac on my 1974 Dart SE 318 4dr., including evaporator, txv, blower motor, RV2 compressor, blower switch. All modes work except when I shut off ac, some slightly warm air coming from ac vents. Checked, sealed firewall for air gaps, etc. All positions on ac mode switch vent to proper areas, defrost, max etc, heat. Any ideas?

If the car is in the sun the vent air will be considerably warmer than ambient. Have you tried testing it in the shade? It might be coming from the heater core. Try blocking the flow to the core.

If the car is in the sun the vent air will be considerably warmer than ambient. Have you tried testing it in the shade? It might be coming from the heater core. Try blocking the flow to the core.
Agree. Heater valve is leaking. I installed a manual ball shut off valve and only open it when it snows in FL.

I sold auto parts in my younger days. Many of the heater valves bypass some water when closed. I agree check hoses and if necessary install a manual valve.

Are you sure you got all the cables adjusted correctly?

Are you sure you got all the gaskets on the flapper doors installed correctly?

Are you sure (if there are any) that any vacuum actuated valves / doors are actuating correctly?

Is the warm air moving while standing still or while driving? (Reason I ask, maybe fan is somehow running when it should be off)

No air movement veh stopped, air off. Air ( ambient) movement from ducts begins with veh forward motion, ac turned off.. almost like fresh air recirc system used to be.

-
Back