Mystery Argentinean Head Pics!!

-

Killer6

Reaction score
OK, I had these pics in a PC I just managed to recover, downloaded from photobucket. The user I believed to be the same as Member Polara1974 on .org, but suddenly the images wouldn't open to view on My PC, I found out however they would display fine if chosen as My desktop background so.....
20231012_213234.jpg

20231013_010402.jpg

Doug has had.......or had one of those for a while. I wish someone would cast one out of aluminum. I would even send the one I have to someone so they could copy it. Some argue that that chamber design is better than the Argentine head since there's very little shrouding in the American closed chamber head.....though I think it's splittin hairs.

The 'Tahuil Co.' Casting seemed to be the big mystery, even SSD hadn't heard of it when I 1st posted them.

And what does it do for valve train? I'd love to see that.

Those are the only 2 left, I posted them in UT's Hemi 6cyl. head thread from way back, not sure how many...but photobucket nixed all the free sharing, & the images seem to have some kind of encoding, so that's all We got now.

And what does it do for valve train? I'd love to see that.
It looks like those big-assed studs mount a T&D/Jesel style plate with multiple smaller supports that are between the Int.& Exh. Rockers as well...

It looks like those big-assed studs mount a T&D/Jesel style plate with multiple smaller supports that are between the Int.& Exh. Rockers as well...
Oh so it's been modified then?

Those are the only 2 left, I posted them in UT's Hemi 6cyl. head thread from way back, not sure how many...but photobucket nixed all the free sharing, & the images seem to have some kind of encoding, so that's all We got now.
That blows.

I've looked since you posted this thread and cannot find any pictures of the Argentine head anymore. You used to be able to. I saw the thread on the .org site but they are no longer hosted either. I guess if I wanna see a closed chamber slant 6 head, I gotta walk all the way to the back bedroom. lol

I've looked since you posted this thread and cannot find any pictures of the Argentine head anymore. You used to be able to. I saw the thread on the .org site but they are no longer hosted either. I guess if I wanna see a closed chamber slant 6 head, I gotta walk all the way to the back bedroom. lol
I haven't revisited the thread here in a while, may do that later, that turned into a few pages IIRC....LOL!!

Nope, that's the only 2 pics I posted then, they are still there since I must've copied the images instead of linking them. Page 3 of 'Factory HEMI Head!' BTW, whitepunkonnitro did not pop as an active Member doing the search, so I had to content word search.

If somebody else has any pictures of the Argentine slant 6 head in question, would you post them, please?

That head is floating around the mid west now. If you go to slantsix.org and ask nicely, the current owner may post some pictures.

Frank in Arkansas....?
I think he had it, sold to MoparFrank in MN or MI.
MoparFrank passed away a couple of years ago.
From what Frank told me, the flow numbers were not great.
But that is common for all slant six heads.

Argentine Head 08 FB.jpg

I believe that head was specifically designed for a 3 liter formula series in Argentina. There are some videos on YouTube showing one of the slant based cars taking laps. I know when the head first surfaced years ago, I did a google search on the name and couldn't find anything. Maybe a spec thing from a specific foundry to "keep the costs down".

Anyway, there is a quote on allpar from one of the original engine designers saying the 170 could run all day at 7K rpm, as long as you could keep the cam lubricated.

I believe that head was specifically designed for a 3 liter formula series in Argentina. There are some videos on YouTube showing one of the slant based cars taking laps. I know when the head first surfaced years ago, I did a google search on the name and couldn't find anything. Maybe a spec thing from a specific foundry to "keep the costs down".

Anyway, there is a quote on allpar from one of the original engine designers saying the 170 could run all day at 7K rpm, as long as you could keep the cam lubricated.
there was an Al-U-minimum 4-valve head made by a Gentleman named Ceasares(?) I believe, that was for the 3.0L F3 series there. I posted that, maybe on .org years ago, not a pic tho'. Not sure if I ever posted them on FABO, but if I find them again I'll add them here.
7K even on a factory Slanty head should be no problem for 2.8-3.0L, cam life certainly is the #1 issue, but there are multiple ways to address those, not at all easy/simple.....

Oh, & that head developed for Formula SP, NOT 3 according to linked thread/articles.
I asked My friend Jose if He'd ever heard of Tahuil Co., being from Chile & familiar with S. American automotive things & trivia, it was worth a shot...never heard of them.

-
Back