Mystery B block intake....

-
These intakes just plain work. My buddy put a 440 together with a CH4B, some ported cast heads, 9-1 compression. a fairly mild Comp cam, and some headers. 490 horse and 500# torque. The thing pulls like a freight train in a heavy 70 SuperBee.

DP4B.. The CH4B is for the RB's
I negotiated the price and bought the intake....I will see how it works on a warmed over 383 [mild cam] with a 750 CFM Edelbrock carb, headers, and a 4.11 rear....what do you guys think of that combo??

I negotiated the price and bought the intake....I will see how it works on a warmed over 383 [mild cam] with a 750 CFM Edelbrock carb, headers, and a 4.11 rear....what do you guys think of that combo??
you're gonna have to be a lot more specific. Whats a mild cam? warmed over? what compression ratio? The more specific you are, the better the answers you will get

you're gonna have to be a lot more specific. Whats a mild cam? warmed over? what compression ratio? The more specific you are, the better the answers you will get
You are right....i bought the car as is and cannot expound upon those specifics...I understand that you can't answer. i was just looking for a "general" opinion, that's all.

You are right....i bought the car as is and cannot expound upon those specifics...I understand that you can't answer. i was just looking for a "general" opinion, that's all.
well, bottomline, I doubt you even notice the difference between the two intakes. I'm no expert by any means, but the gains/losses aren't likely to be seen or felt outside of a dyno or drag strip.

DP4B.. The CH4B is for the RB's
Oh thats right. Thanks. I have a CH 4B on my 440. Came with the car. I also have a PERFORMER RPM PACKED AWAY. Much better intake, but won't clear my hood. So the 4B will have to do for now. Works Nice when you need a low profile dual plane intake.

Oh thats right. Thanks. I have a CH 4B on my 440. Came with the car. I also have a PERFORMER RPM PACKED AWAY. Much better intake, but won't clear my hood. So the 4B will have to do for now. Works Nice when you need a low profile dual plane intake.
My buddie's Super Bee has the Ramcharger hood and was able to use the CH4B with no modifications.

well, bottomline, I doubt you even notice the difference between the two intakes. I'm no expert by any means, but the gains/losses aren't likely to be seen or felt outside of a dyno or drag strip.
....and the same holds true with mild motors like mine....I am just trying to play the hand I've been dealt.

-
Back