Mystery Clip

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
Tidying up new front brake line connections today and was having a hard time clipping in the flex hose to the backing plate jump tubes. Reviewed my removal pics and can't figure out what the clips that were def there previous were doing. It doesn't look like they were holding anything as they were on the outside of the bracket. I believe I should have Square clips just like in the flex hose mount on the firewall. Anyone want to verify? Photo of previous set-up before tear down included. Check the bracket to see the clip.....

IMG_0984.JPG

You are supposed to push that through and clip it on the other side. That type of Hose if correct has a recessed flat spot to fit in the shape of that bracket

Like MOfficial said, that end is "clocked". It pushes into that bracket and clip goes on other side. Should be a groove for the clip.

Like MOfficial said, that end is "clocked". It pushes into that bracket and clip goes on other side. Should be a groove for the clip.
That's what I figured, thanks for verifying. Now if I can only get that clocked end through! There is no play or room once that jump tube is threaded in.

Not nit picking but that hose has seen better days. If yer gonna wrestle with it, maybe it should be a new one?
That was a "before" pic, everything underneath was pretty dirty and tired, things are looking more spiffy now with all new lines and hoses.

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

I don't think so boys, the top or backside clip is a thin springsteel horseshoe deal that spreads as you push it on and then snaps back into position as it sneaks around the metal fitting.
Oh wait that's on the other end

OP I think you have to secure that hose into the bracket with the clip, as already mentioned, but before the caliper is installed and before the other end of the rubber hose is hung. In any case good luck.

Last edited:
-
Back