mystery nuts

-

burdar

Owen's Dad
Reaction score
I don't remember what these nuts are for. There are 8 of them. One of my picture CDs is corrupt and I assume the pictures showing where these go is on that CD. I have them listed as "upper side window trim". Do these look familiar to anyone? Do they go on the body or maybe the convertible frame? (68 Dart)

The only thing I removed from the top frame are the 6(?)stainless pieces that hold the weather stripping above the side glass. Everything else on the top frame is still assembled. Thanks

DSC03384.JPG

That same style nut was used on the console lids for the B-Bodies, but not sure about the A-Bodies and the did not use but something like six to a lid.

I cleaned parts and put the hardware back on/with. I cant drag out those parts without help. So, just a wild guess, or a clue,,, Transition moldings that tie the window belt molding to the boot well belt molding could have a closed nut. Every pointy that might damage the top material would have a closed nut.

Every pointy that might damage the top material would have a closed nut.
Good call. There are other similar nuts like this on the top frame so that's where they probably go.(on the top frame and not the body) I wonder if some of the screws that attach the weather stripping channel stainless had these nuts on the top side? I'll take a closer look. I took very detailed pictures of this car during disassembly. If these are the only fasteners that are questionable, then I'm doing good.

-
Back