N50s

-
Lets see it roastin um over.

A funny thing happened today.... Got a text from a friend, this turned up in his Instagram feed today...A guy in Sweden had just posted it... I posted this on Moparts probably 15 years ago... I was driving... It's a 70 R/T SE U code... Photo was taken in 1979 while I was home on leave... It was taken out on Santa Fe Ave.. Which back then was where we would go to race....

It's been a long time so not 100%, I think the tires are Kelly Super Chargers... F60-14's up front & L60-15's out back...
thumbnail_IMG_8427.jpg

A funny thing happened today.... Got a text from a friend, this turned up in his Instagram feed today...A guy in Sweden had just posted it... I posted this on Moparts probably 15 years ago... I was driving... It's a 70 R/T SE U code... Photo was taken in 1979 while I was home on leave... It was taken out on Santa Fe Ave.. Which back then was where we would go to race....

It's been a long time so not 100%, I think the tires are Kelly Super Chargers... F60-14's up front & L60-15's out back...
View attachment 1716171639
That's a great shot!

Old picture of my '65 Cuda with Mickey Thompson N50-14's. Mounted on 14" Cragars I had sectioned and widened to 10 or 11 inches as I recall. See avatar. They were extremely tight in stock wheel well and they showed a few cuts despite my best efforts on the originals. I later worked on clearance a little more and bought a new set some time before they were discontinued. They are still unscathed and still on those rims. They look new to this day. Let me just say I always thought they were badass. Probably just me. : )

View attachment 1716171626
Man, That Car is Awesome!

Had a box Nova, a 62, with radiused (badly) wheelwells, a 68 Z28 302, 4sp, and M50x14s on a ten inch wire basket mag. Stuck out of the fender a couple inches on each side.

I was SO cool!

Cool, love the big old tires….just won some in an online auction last night and need to pick them up…thinking the wide crusty ones will go on my yard art project :D

D9E2C81C-8932-4C21-A50B-CD4EB333E160.jpeg

11F146FF-52B2-442D-891E-495D74135959.jpeg

CD9CD3C7-1D75-4B00-AA8A-761532094AF4.jpeg

C70ED5E3-8862-47C5-A20C-15CB8EA22FE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Buddy of mine, a welder working for a NASA tracking station in an un-named part of Ca. :rolleyes: built a set of Rallies with the help of his co-workers in the company machine shop to put N 50s on his Hemi Challenger. They looked amazing on there :thumbsup: Just on the back, skinnies on the front

looks like some dirt late model tires! got a bunch of pull offs im planning on running on rear of my duster!!
That's EXACTLY what they are. Right rear spec tire, for a spec tire dirt series that died. Closed out, at 50 bucks each. By the time I had a different pattern added to the centerlines, I think I have about $300 in the pair of wheels/tires.

IMG_20211206_170729.jpg

That's EXACTLY what they are. Right rear spec tire, for a spec tire dirt series that died. Closed out, at 50 bucks each. By the time I had a different pattern added to the centerlines, I think I have about $300 in the pair of wheels/tires.

View attachment 1716172861
been playing with dirt cars for years, gotta pick up truck load of hoosiers and american racers with good life left in them, and can get truck loads more free for the taking, dont get no more budget friendly than that! been my plan since i started collecting parts to build my duster!!

been playing with dirt cars for years, gotta pick up truck load of hoosiers and american racers with good life left in them, and can get truck loads more free for the taking, dont get no more budget friendly than that! been my plan since i started collecting parts to build my duster!!
I hope you've got a tire machine and balancer. I've been charged more for mount and balance a pair of tires, than one of the tires cost! Then there is a couple different taxes, and a tire disposal fee....

I had a set back in 1981! They howled like plastic big wheel tires when you burned rubber. Super hard and dangerous when wet. I think they were old.

-
Back