Name this piece

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
Any of you guys know the proper name of this body part? I think its called a inner fender splash panel or something along that line. I looked in my yearone book & cant find a picture of it, but year one has alot of stuff listed without pics. So, I need to know what its called so I can get new ones. I hop to god someone makes a re-pop. Mine are toast!! Thanks guys, Matt W.
trim2001.jpg

What? Its showing up for me...? Let me see whats going on here....

I re-posted the pic. Hope it works now. I dont know why I could see it but you guys couldnt....:dontknow:

Cool. Thanks guys. I see yearone has a plastic replacement for 68-69 cuda'. But not for the duster.

clhyer, you lookin' to sell your plastic ones??

I'm sure the later Dusters had the plastic style. They should fit.

Every time I've tried to fit a plastic one to a car, they don't fit right. Not sure what year of part I had ...tried to fit them to a '69 Valiant, a '75 Dart Sport and a '73 Dart Sport...always had to cut a little bit of it out.

Well I checked my 72' valliant parts car this evening & sure enough it has the plastic panels. & to top it all off they are in great shape. A trip to the carwash & a little paint & they will be like new!!

Thanks for the help guys!

I can see the pic now...inner splash shield is what I call it. Plastic should never rust.

aint it funny how rust eats away. I have 2 pair of those here tat are in great shape at the top and rotten at the bottom.
Do the plastic ones use the same rubber seal at edge ?

Redfish,
Ever see a car where the 1/4 panels and trunk lids are toast but the trunk floor is primo ??

Welcome to the Magical Mystery of Mother Mopar.

The '72 parts manual refers to it as a "Shield". The metal ones had a little flexible flap on the top that rubbed against the top of the fender. The flap was made of material similar to the flexible shields around the steering box

RedFish, as for the seals, I believe they do. At least they look similar... Will check when I get the front end off the valliant.

& The rust beats the hell out of me. My duster was a factory under-coat car & its rusted all to hell. My valliant parts car WAS NOT a factory under-coat car & the underside is mint, including the framerails. Go figure.....

-
Back