Naming cars?

-
My Duster is Dusty Lou, Lou is my wife's middle name. She is half Indian, so I don't piss her off, LOL

The gang that I hang out with, we all have names for our cars.. alot of the names I gave.. my buddy had a vitamin C orange 69 Roadrunner.. I named it 'the Great Pumpkin'.. another buddy has a 66 Barracuda.. we call it 'the fish' .. Another bud has a 69 GTX... we simply refer to it as 'the X' ... my Dart.. I cant remember who in the group named it.. but its referred to as 'the buggy' .. So Monica had me a plate made for the front years ago.. 'Bills Buggy' .. stuck ever since...

When I was in the Air Farce...er....Force, stationed in England, at the radar shack someof us techs and the controllers all had names for our vehicles, one guy had a Rover that was named Black Bart, I had, first a 1951 Austin A30, twas the Blue Goose, and if you saw the car, you'd know why, then after the Goose died, I had a Vauxhal that was known as Vladimir, not sure why, but one guy named it and it stuck.

Haven't named the Barracuda......yet....

FF

My 71 Dart is known as BlowDart AKA... Sara.
BlowDart is pretty self explanatory.
I named it Sara because a buddy said it had to be named a girls name or he would name it for me. I said fine, name it... He started spewing stuff out like.. " bleeding *****, rusty rag, etc... I had to put a stop to it so it was named after a few friends I know that have always been good to me and been nothing but sweethearts.

I haven't named any of my cars yet, but once I get the Barracuda done I thought about naming it "Cardiac Arrestor". If I ever paint that on the car I'll put underneath it, "It'll put a stop to most heartbeats". Of course all that is dependent on it running at least mid 6's in the 8th since I don't want to talk trash that I can't back up.

My sister-in-law named my '70 'Cuda "The Organ Donor-Mobile" after I took her for a ride.

Since scamp is generally used for a dog's name, my '71 Scamp is called "the *****".

The 64 is named Baby and the 69 was named Veronica but we since changed the name to BOF (Bride of Frankenstein)!

-
Back