Napa oil filter

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Got the part number from an old thread for the heralded NAPA short filter. Sent my bud out for 2, one for dyno and then one after the oil change.

My gosh are they teeeny! There has to be a mistake or something. I 'm fine with the "shortness", but this thing is smaller diameter wise, than a beer can. The K&N I have used(HP 2004) is quite a bit bigger in diameter.

Anyone have a different NAPA part number? No way am I running this. It probably holds about 3-4 ounces.

Sorry for the crappy pics. Blasted phone...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 401
  • 2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 393
believe it or not I get my oil filters from Walmart they have the Mopar brand and everything for cheaper than everyone else

If you want a larger capacity use the 1515 filter. It holds a full qt. Only issue might be clearance to headers if your running them. If I'm not mistaken the 1068 quicksilver mentioned holds 3/4 qt and will clear headers better

napa does not make oil filters. they are wix. 51515 is the big wix filter, 51068 the short one

And 1085 is shorter still. If clearance is the issue, that is the one you need. I have to use it with my 408 and TTi headers. I call the headers my oil filter heater. They wrap all around it and make oil changes a challenge. If I didn't have a hoist I wouldn't be able to do it.

Here's the Wix numbers and their lengths:
7" tall - 51773 32 micron (1/2 qt. more capacity than the 51515 ) This is the truck filter.
5.1" - 51515 20 micron
4.3" - 51068 21 micron
3.8" - 51085 21 micron
3.4" - 51348 15 micron
Check out http://www.wixfilters.com/
Good site with an excellent interchange info.

Thanks guys. Have to make a return, Monday. I KNEW this couldn't be right.

Far as the TTI headers as an "oil filter heater", I know where you're comin from brother. I'm in that same boat. I ended up using a garbage bag as a funnel, deflector, whatever. duct tape it under the filter and let it pour. Everywhere:cheers:

Before I installed the remote filter kit I used a piece of thin sheet metal to funnel the oil down into the drain pan so it didn't soak the headers.

Thanks to all, again, for the CORRECT part number. This looks much better:D

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 182
-
Back