Narrow Escape (Pit Bull)

-
I think something that needs to be addressed along with types of dogs and mixes, is types of bites. Lil Mexican doggies tend to snap and bark and keep trying to dive bomb your ankles. An opportunist. I knew of a few Lab bites that were quick snaps, and they retreated and growled when they saw the person back up and not be a threat. Maybe the issue is the Pit (or mixed Pits) make the decision to attack, and then don't retreat after an initial snap bite. They do seem to be relentless when they make the decision to strike. Literally hanging on until beaten with 2x4's or whatever. Coming across a Copperhead will likely result in a strike attempt when laying still doesn't work. A Mamba, particularly a Black, will have a different result. Usually it will be aggressive, attack, bite multiple times, and will even chase you. Your odds are not good of meeting one up close and living to tell about it. Ball Pythons were the least aggressive snake I ever owned. When the Insurance Institutes compile the list of dogs that bite, does it break down the data even further to show you of the dog breeds that bite most, how many result in death? How Many Chihuahua and Lab bites result in death and how many result in stitches and a tetanus shot?

I have had 2 purebred Rots. Hand raised family type. If someone drove up in the yard ( barn) they would go out to greet them with the hair on their back raised, do one "wolf" at them, and go to tail wagging. The origin of the breed was medieval times, used as guard and stock dogs. If I had a horse slow to get in his stall or trailer the Rot was right their at their heels they did not nip as I would assume, but they get the sucker in where it was aimed!! They had a lot of stock instinct.
That was my personal experience with that breed. If not raised right, they could be bad no doubt. If we were not home, and stranger tried to be there, I bet they could get bad quick.
I do not doubt those bite stats, I can see Rots inflicting harm. Just because a dog is totally loving to the owner/family does not mean it will be so to all.

My big rott was whipped by a pit bull according to my son, (I got the dog from him, he didn`t want the dog around when he had his first kid). I got him at about a yr. old . Boomer hated all dogs from then on, and took it out on every dog he saw from then on. A few are buried in my back yard. I still miss him, he was my buddy. Used to love it when I`d take him for a walk, people would stop that were driving by and comment on him, all the while he was setting there by my side growling at them. If he thot no threat was invovled , he was a loving dog to most everyone . Did I trust him ? Pretty much , but was careful not to cross him , move his food, or step on his paws, -------or surprise him.
I have a rott / blue healer mix now, (along w/ a germain shepard that was starved as a pup before I got him, don'tt hink he`s playing with a full deck ) the rott mix is the most loving dog I have ever seen , he loves everybody , till someone makes a fast move toward me, really surprised me , didn`t think he had it in him!

The last Rot I had was a female. Stayed at the barn full time. She was damn funny. She shared her food bowl with a barn cat or two, and in the summer there was always a fat toad sitting there eating flies all day long. When she went to the food bowl, she would eat and growl at the cat and frog, but never nipped at them.
Loving dog, died of cancer at age 10. I sure miss my good dogs.

My big rott was whipped by a pit bull according to my son, (I got the dog from him, he didn`t want the dog around when he had his first kid). I got him at about a yr. old . Boomer hated all dogs from then on, and took it out on every dog he saw from then on. A few are buried in my back yard. I still miss him, he was my buddy. Used to love it when I`d take him for a walk, people would stop that were driving by and comment on him, all the while he was setting there by my side growling at them. If he thot no threat was invovled , he was a loving dog to most everyone . Did I trust him ? Pretty much , but was careful not to cross him , move his food, or step on his paws, -------or surprise him.
I have a rott / blue healer mix now, (along w/ a germain shepard that was starved as a pup before I got him, don'tt hink he`s playing with a full deck ) the rott mix is the most loving dog I have ever seen , he loves everybody , till someone makes a fast move toward me, really surprised me , didn`t think he had it in him!

I finally found him.
But it's not an original.
Gallery of Cassius Marcellus Coolidge’s Work - DogsPlayingPoker.org
Apparently not a lot of German Shepherds even play cards.

Dogs-Playing-Poker-Parody.jpg

The last Rot I had was a female. Stayed at the barn full time. She was damn funny. She shared her food bowl with a barn cat or two, and in the summer there was always a fat toad sitting there eating flies all day long. When she went to the food bowl, she would eat and growl at the cat and frog, but never nipped at them.
Loving dog, died of cancer at age 10. I sure miss my good dogs.
Yeah, I had to have Boomer put down, he had cacer of the hip, one of the hardest things I think I`ve gone thru !
The dam vet did come to my house to do it for me, but the dumbass didn`t bring a needle long enough to reach his heart. What did he think he was doing , working on a reg. size dog?!? I haven't used him since , and wont !!

Pitbulls are by far the dog I read about most killing people. I’ve had my experiences I’d never own one or leave my kid around one I didn’t know.

Yeah, I had to have Boomer put down, he had cacer of the hip, one of the hardest things I think I`ve gone thru !
The dam vet did come to my house to do it for me, but the dumbass didn`t bring a needle long enough to reach his heart. What did he think he was doing , working on a reg. size dog?!? I haven't used him since , and wont !!

Why would he need a needle long enough to reach his heart? A main artery in the leg will do the same thing.

ut d
Why would he need a needle long enough to reach his heart? A main artery in the leg will do the same thing.

I don't know, but he gave him a shot to take away all feeling, he actually made it to the grave I had dug, before collapsing by my side.
(ALREADY TEARED UP )
The vet was then going to put a drug to make him go to sleep, in his heart. After about 28 stabs at trying to get the "too short" needle in his heart , I guess he was successful. I f I wasn't so broken up over the whole deal , I think I think I might have blind sided the vet upside the head. He`ll never get any business out of me again !!

Ha! I admit I shave every day. Just me but never anted face hair.

I say, real men will rub some diesel on their face and light it to get rid of it all! Sorta like burning off the timber to clean it up every 3 years!! Control burn!!! ??? lol

Certain breeds are prone to situations; however, in almost all the stories you read, irresponsible dog owners are to blame.

I was at a cars and coffee event a few weeks ago and a man showed up with a very aggressive pitbull. Over many hours, he lunged at me and many other participants before the owner decided to leave. Once again, irresponsible owners only focused on themselves.

If I was an owner, knowing the reputation of that breed, I would not have brought an aggressive dog to a public event and helped to spread that belief of it being an aggressive breed.

Last edited:
ut d

I don't know, but he gave him a shot to take away all feeling, he actually made it to the grave I had dug, before collapsing by my side.
(ALREADY TEARED UP )
The vet was then going to put a drug to make him go to sleep, in his heart. After about 28 stabs at trying to get the "too short" needle in his heart , I guess he was successful. I f I wasn't so broken up over the whole deal , I think I think I might have blind sided the vet upside the head. He`ll never get any business out of me again !!

I'm truly sorry for your loss(just lost my Lhasa Apso 4 months ago). I guess some vets do things different. Every dog I ever had they gave them a shot of valium to relax them then a shot of phenabarbitol in a main artery in the leg.

Certain breeds are prone to situations; however, in almost all the stories you read, irresponsible dog owners are to blame.

I was at a cars and coffee event a few weeks ago and a man showed up with a very aggressive pitbull. Over many hours, he lunged at me and many other participants before the owner decided to leave. Once again, irresponsible owner only focused on themselves.

If I was an owner, knowing the reputation that breed, I would not have brought an aggressive dog to a public event and helped to spread that belief of it being an aggressive breed.

Two theories.
(Or maybe three?)
Take your pick.

Dogs and Their Owners Share Similar Personality Traits - D-brief

Anthropomorphizing Dogs: Projecting One's Own Personality and Consequences for Supporting Animal Rights | Request PDF

cf2b87d30e2bcea30d7ed685ee298e63--security-blanket-family-life.jpg

-
Back