Narrowed 8.75 rear question

-
Reaction score
A while back I posted a thread on a 8.75 rear housing I had bought and was wondering if it was to narrow to us on my 72 dart. It was narrowed to 48 inches. A member had sent a reply telling me that he or she had a dart that had a 48 inches rear along with some pics of the car. I did not save the response. If you remember sending it please respond again. My dart has relocated springs and has mini tubed wheel wells. If any body any comments please respond.

Thank You

How about these replies ?

Screenshot_20201023-200514_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201023-200332_Chrome.jpg

is the 48 inches housing flange to housing flange or axle flange to axle flange..???

My housing is 48 inches flange to flange. I assumed his was too. But maybe the total length is 48. Then he will need tubs. Kim

I found my axle length spreadsheet that helps with some of this if you are interested.

My housing is 48 inches flange to flange. I assumed his was too. But maybe the total length is 48. Then he will need tubs. Kim

Kim you mentioned you had a 48” housing flange to housing flange. Is your axle an 8 3/4? I am narrowing mine down and am looking for axle length that I will need.
Andy

Yes mine is a 48 inch Dana. 8.75 uses the same axle length if 30 or 35 spline. I got mine from Doctor Diff. He figured my axle length from my housing width. If u. It your axles he will be happy to figure the axles for you. Give Cass a call. He is very good at what he does. Kim. Calling Cass. @DoctorDiff

Yes mine is a 48 inch Dana. 8.75 uses the same axle length if 30 or 35 spline. I got mine from Doctor Diff. He figured my axle length from my housing width. If u. It your axles he will be happy to figure the axles for you. Give Cass a call. He is very good at what he does. Kim. Calling Cass. @DoctorDiff
Dr diff has a recording on his phone it says he's too busy to answer his phone please leave an email message. Well an email is fine I guess but when you're wanting an answer right away it's kind of a waste of time so I just went ahead and got my parts from someone else. You might try Moser.

-
Back