Narrowed A body rear questions.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a narrowed rear end to put in my minitubbed 67 Barracuda.

Question:

(1). How narrow can I go with the 3" relocation and minitub?

(2). How deep of a backspace wheel is needed?

(3). Anyone have one set up and ready to go?

I currently have a stock A body 8-3/4 rear end in the car with the original position (non) minitubbed spring perches still intact which means this rear can be put right back into a stock A body with no welding (thinking ahead).
Just welded another set for the minitubbed locations for easy swaps.
It has Moser axles with the green, non adjustable bearings.

My best dream scenario is to do an even up trade for a narrowed rear end with comparable axles.
Better yet with weld draglites for that application as well.

Yeah I know it's nice to dream.

if you move the springs in and get the right offset wheels you can get a good 10" tire on there witha 10" rims i had my duster the same way but took the big wheels and tires back off i had m/t 29/10.5w slicks on 10" rims and 5" backspace..just didnt like the look of all that big tire witha a small motor and didnt need that much tire either....the 10.5w is like 11 or so wide.....:)

but you will need to mini tubb the car..right now i have 28/10.5 m/t slicks on it with 8" wheels ..

???? is how big of a tire you want under there.some like the big tire look and its ok if you just a prostreet car for looks but i feel if you dont need alll that tire why carry it...its like a gun if you gotta carry it to a party maybe you shouldnt go lol

I am currently running a stock sized a body rear with mini tubs and relocated springs.

I guess I should have asked what is the most narrow rear I can run with the deepest dish wheel?

I am currently running 29x12.5x15 tires on a 10" wheel but I want a deeper dish as I have a 7.5" backspace so a narrowed rear is the only option, and different wheels of course.

I bought the wheels and offset that I wanted mocked them under the wheel wells and centered and measured between the two wheels and cut the rear end to that width.

Attachments

• jesspitarea[1].jpg
    162 KB · Views: 145
-
Back