Narrowing 8 3/4 for Demon. How much?

-

Dubob

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok I've done some searching and haven't found anything specific as to what I need. So here goes. 71 Demon that's mini tubbed with leaf springs moved to frame rails with rear drum brakes and SS springs. I am wanting to have an 8 3/4 housing shortened so I don't have to run so much back space on the wheels, thus giving me a larger selection to choose from on wheels. I am thinking about having the housing cut to 47" flange to flange. Looking for specific input for the Demon or Dusters as to what others have done. Thanks for any and all help.

On our Dart
Had some 10"wide rallyes

We hung weighted strings on where we wanted the tire placement
in the pic, you may be able to see the strings, (on the inside edges of the tires)

we also hang strings on the outside for outer wheel clearance (not shown in pic)

046.jpg

Then set tires in place
measured from inside wheel to wheel
gave that measurement to moser
they built the rear end

have done 4 different vehicles that that
Works for us

If you cut housing flange to flange to 47" and use normal BBP brakes here are the backspaces that will roughly center the wheel in your wheelhouse.

12" = 5.9
10" = 4.9
8" = 3.9

If you want less backspace, shorten the rear by 2" to reduce backspace by 1" on each side.

Want a 12" with 4.5" backspace for a really deep wheel. Cut the rear housing to 44.2-44.25 flange to flange. That will make the total ~49.5"

Thank you gentlemen. That's the kind of information I am looking for.

If you cut housing flange to flange to 47" and use normal BBP brakes here are the backspaces that will roughly center the wheel in your wheelhouse.

12" = 5.9
10" = 4.9
8" = 3.9

If you want less backspace, shorten the rear by 2" to reduce backspace by 1" on each side.

Want a 12" with 4.5" backspace for a really deep wheel. Cut the rear housing to 44.2-44.25 flange to flange. That will make the total ~49.5"
Crackedback's on it again!. :prayer: This is the help I got and it was spot on! Not a Demon but you get it.
Larry
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=174885

I also got some good advise from Rob(crackedback)while doing my mini tub and 8 3/4 narrowing.I ended up going 46 5/8 which is 3 inches off each side.I run 12 inch rims with 4.5 backspace.Now have done the same with a Dana60.:D

-
Back