Narrowing a Dana 60.What length axels?

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I have a Dana 60 I,m getting narrowed to the exact width of my narrowed 8 3/4.My 8 3/4 is 46 5/8(basically 3 inches off each side of A-body width 52 5/8)My axels are 25 inches(A-body with is 27 11/16)in the narrowed 8 3/4.I,m gonna run a spool in the Dana,so if my housing is 46 5/8 inches wide,can I just order 2/ 25inch axels or is one shorter than the other due to the center section offset?Some have told me both axels should be same length,others say no,one is shorter than the other.Any help would be appreaciated before I order axels.Thanks:book:

Who ever is shortening the housing should be able to tell you what length axles to get. Yes one is shorter than the other. If you go on Moser web site you will find an axle order sheet that tells you what all measurements are needed to provide you the correct length axles.

Scott:
Call the expert FJ Smith I will pm you his phone number, you can can also get your axles from him if you wish. Tell him Kenny sent you he will knock 15% of the price right after he adds 25% for mentioning me. LOL

Kenny

Scott:
Call the expert FJ Smith I will pm you his phone number, you can can also get your axles from him if you wish. Tell him Kenny sent you he will knock 15% of the price right after he adds 25% for mentioning me. LOL

Kenny
Does he respline axels?I have 35 spline already,but are B-boby length.

drivers side axle ~25 9/16
Pass side axle ~24 3/16

Drivers side axle should be 1 3/8" longer than pass side for correct mopar pinion offset

Was the overall width of your old rear about 51.75-51.8125"

drivers side axle ~25 9/16
Pass side axle ~24 3/16

Drivers side axle should be 1 3/8" longer than pass side for correct mopar pinion offset

Was the overall width of your old rear about 51.75-51.8125"
Hey Rob,my narrowed 8 3/4 housing was 46 5/8 plus 2 1/2 inch brakes,so overall was 51 5/8.My axels are 25 inches from splined end to wheel mount.I talked with my friend thats doing the narrowing and he will get me the proper size axels.Your measurements sound right for my application.Thanks again for you imput.:book:

-
Back