Nascar sucks!!!!!!

-
Even if it had a Dodge in it, it wouldn't be a real Dodge.
So what's the point?

I know, let's make them drive naked. That would be more entertaining.
If not as safe.
But then again, I read a road and track opinon piece years back that making it "too safe" may not have been a good thing. Tends to promote stupid behaviour.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3_Hbmqlm2M"]Sexy Swimsuit Model - Danica Patrick - YouTube[/ame]

With the new body style that they came out with this year, all the cars look the same with the only difference being the stickers for the grill ,headlights, and logos. There is little in common with the cars that are being sold.

I have found there is nothing to relate to and the only reason to watch is for the crashes and the driver temper-tantrums....

NO MOPARS--------------------NO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:finga:

I have been watching for many years, and still do :coffee2:
I poked around on a couple sites and asked this question with no response! :protest:

NASCR has a rule that a car must be in production and sold to the public for a year before they can be raced.... How did Chevy get the SS car in and racing before production.. I know rules have been added to these cars but I never seen or herd that this rule was removed :wack:

It's good to see we all have our opinions and enjoy different things :coffee2:
The world would be pretty darn boring if we all was the same :D

Remember Wide World of Sports on ABC (I thinK). I used to love those racing events on there. Why don't they bring back that show. They could show nostaglia drag racing on TV. An all Hemi SS/A/H class. I'd be scheduling my day around that.

well, just think: If it wasn't for Nascar, I'm sure the sports websites wouldn't be allowed to use the headline "Danica Patrick gets the pole at the Daytona 500"
:eek:ops:

Ive never liked nascar period! The only racing thats worth watching is vintage trans-am style road racing, and street driven local drag racing. Cars that you and i could build and not huge corporations with one thing on their minds and thats marketing.

Look on the bright side. There ain't no Chevys either. What they are running are Holden Commodores from Australia. NASCAR has turned into a bunch of funny looking cars going in circles. Exactly why I never got into Indy car or Formula 1 racing. I wish they would return to the good old days when you could tell a Plymouth from a Dodge from a Ford from a Mercury from a Pontiac on a black and white TV.....
You're old.....

:sign5::worthles:

ok, here's the picture...I hope I don't get banned:D

13z7rzr.jpg

Post a pic of Stenhouse's "pole" and you'll definitely be gone... LOL

I have been a fan since I was a kid, and I still am.. (which apparently puts me in the minority here LOL) but I like it. I agree with some of the things posted here as to why some quit watching the sport, and I wish the cars would go back to more of a 'stock car'.. but it is what it is.. I however disagree with those who say its a 'skill less' sport. To me thats just complete BS... I often wonder how many of the people who say it takes no skill have tried a lap at 195mph... or how many of them have driven at 195mph.. then I would be interested to see them do it, 3 wide, 4 or 5 rows deep and tell me it doesnt take skill.. but thats just me.. LOL

I have been a fan since I was a kid, and I still am.. (which apparently puts me in the minority here LOL) but I like it. I agree with some of the things posted here as to why some quit watching the sport, and I wish the cars would go back to more of a 'stock car'.. but it is what it is.. I however disagree with those who say its a 'skill less' sport. To me thats just complete BS... I often wonder how many of the people who say it takes no skill have tried a lap at 195mph... or how many of them have driven at 195mph.. then I would be interested to see them do it, 3 wide, 4 or 5 rows deep and tell me it doesnt take skill.. but thats just me.. LOL

Well said, and I agree.. I guess the 8 years on the dirt ovals was memories well made and no one can take that away from me. never been on asphalt but sure would like to :D but I better keep it under 1 1/2 G's :D

Qualifying at Daytona/Dega in the current configuration is 95-99% car and the remainder is driver.

All the rest of the tracks is a lesser degree on the car.

Have I driven a stock car at daytona, no. I have been down the back straight at better than 190... Not your weekend drive/ride in your car.

NO MOPARS--------------------NO WATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:finga:

Roger that,...It was hard to squeeze it in before on a sunny sunday,...Now I just have no interest at all,...

I used to be able to listen on MRN, Now thats gone as well,...So much for the blue collar sport,...Nascrap has blown Joe lunchbox right outa the arena...

-
Back