National Do Not Call registry...

-
I called that number before to register my cell phone. The next four days I had at least one to two telemarketers calling me a day....no joke! I had never had any of these calls before that.

There's a 30-day window between your Do Not Call request and actual inception of the results. It DOES work though!!

Frankie, thanks for posting the phone number. I need to register my cell.

I called that number before to register my cell phone. The next four days I had at least one to two telemarketers calling me a day....no joke! I had never had any of these calls before that.

It takes 30 days for the no call stipulation to become effective.

Does this work for a business number? Really sick of answering these clown calls :violent1:

It sure does for a business phone. But FYI that list is sold on a regular basis because companies have to know if your on the list or not. So some get away with calling you once and if you mention the DNCL they back away careful and appologize. I worked in the telephone sales industry for quite some time and seen this happen on a regular basis. Also if you dont want these calls and your not on the list. Mention it anyways often times they will give up.

I did this 2 years ago and it did no good.I get calls everyday!

Yep, then I heard there is expiration dates and you need to re register on another list, lol

I swear the best thing is don't sign up cause it like they figure if your bright enough to sign up, you are worth calling, ha ha

Answer their calls like you are semi retarded and got no money to spend, your just lonely and want to speak with somebody--then I bet they don't call back, lol

(now I never tried that but she did go signing up years and ago and re signed, etc, we still get calls almost everyday ! BTW, campaign calls are not banned--they can call you even if you signed up on do not call)

Answer all of the calls, and here is the important piece, say nothing, mute the phone, cover the mic if you have to, don't hang up until they do.

You may have to do this more than once for some callers.

I have ALL of our numbers on it, I get no calls.

For how long ? she signed up years ago and re signed--don't think that certain number, again the phone rings mid day just about everyday, ugh It was alright the first year or so, then the calls started coming, lol

Hmm, just answer and waste their time---computers time, sounds logical--time is money to them/ Maybe i answer and just hang up a few mins later on

If you're going to string them along, the best thing to do is sound excited at whatever they're offering, and ask them to hang on while you go get your wallet / purse so you can grab your credit card. They'll sit there waiting for HOURS for you to come back to the phone. Pick up the receiver 3 hours later ... "Oh, great, you're still there! I'm still looking for it. Hang on! ..."

Some call me Evil Incarnate. :-D

Don't hang up, don't say a word, no sound, wait until they hang up.
Your number will be marked as no longer valid.
Sometimes they call back to verify, so make sure you answer it.

Actually really what your doing is keeping them employed. The reason a telemarketer will stay on the line is simple they are paid hourly in most cases. And often bonus programs for Line time and sales. So really by keeping them on the line your helping them. Instead of that just kindly say no thanks and hang up or ask them to put you on there no call list. Every phone room is required to have one.

In my very friendliest and bubbly voice I say SURE whats the number? pretend to write it down and whats your name ?...pretend to write it down...THEN say...I 'll be sure to look you up _____ ( name of the caller...ALWAYS use their name and use it often) as soon as I get out.... my sentence is only for 25 years and if I am really good they will let me out early under psychiatric supervision and medication.** I didnt mean to kill those 12 people they just got me SOOO MAD telling me all those LIES!!! SAY The voices TOLD me what I needed to do ...and I did it!! YOU are lucky if they make it TOO the two asterisks above....you are reelin em in if they go past that and let you finish...say that you will be sure to take a special vacation to thank ** Name here** in person then do a very forced laugh.... typically the phone will make a strange clicking sound long before this time!!! and it is very likely they will never call you back

The calls I get are usually in spanish.

I reply in german.

Yea I did and now I get more than I ever got

When I registered my phone. I continued to get called for the rest of the month. After that they stopped. That was about 3 years ago, and I simply renew once a year, and there's no problem.

this guy has 3 CD's out on "Remenge on Telemarketers". You should get them and use some of his tricks on them.

http://www.tommabe.com/index.php

While you are there, go to the video section and check out some of the video skits. I recommend: ambulance, toxic lake, and cell phone fight.

-
Back