Need 7 1/4 Differential

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one and I would love to visit my uncle in Lakeside
but I don't think you would want to pay the gas bill

Good luck

There's a Lakeside near San Diego, got excited .... until I saw that your in Indiana ha

Thanks anyways

Hi 1 I've got the original under my 68 dart with 3.21 open . I'm installing a 75 , 8 1/4 so it's probably just right for you ! I just put new rt. hand studs in. brakes,seals, bearings all in excellent cond. pm me and let me know. I'm 45 min. north of sacramento.

Got one sitting here with all new brakes and drums,just don't think it would be cost effective !!

Got one sitting here with all new brakes and drums,just don't think it would be cost effective !!

Yea I wish u were closer thanks anyways! Do guys think I should try and replace the 7.25 or just go for the 8.75?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yea I wish u were closer thanks anyways! Do guys think I should try and replace the 7.25 or just go for the 8.75?

Check the salvage yards in Chula Vista (Pick your Part, Ecology). There's often an A-body that you can steal another 7.25 from.
(BTW: Pick Your Part is having a 1/2off sale right now)

Mark at Sweetwater Auto (CudaMark on FABO) might have something as well.

I definitely wouldn't put a 7 1/4 in there if you can find a 8 3/4. Keep in mind you can also use the earlier B body 8 3/4's if you move the spring perches and run a little more backspacing on your rims. The early B rears (no later than '70) actually work better if you run 17's or 18's, because the backspacing will match better with what you can run in the front (5-6" backspace).

Keep your eyes out for an 8 1/4 too, it would be a big improvement over the 7 1/4, and not always as hard to find or as expensive as the 8 3/4.

Just remember that if you go with an 8 3/4 or 8 1/4 you'll have to shorten the driveshaft a little and you'll need new u bolts and shock plates.

I've got one in Hesperia from my '69 Dart! $75 and it's yours. My zip is 92345.....you can Google map it. Shouldn't be too far.

i've got a 7 1/4 out of a 66 b-body you can have if you want to pay shipping...(46368) no idea of ratio, its open and has good brakes.

Worse comes to worse, not going to under cut hesperia here, but if it doesn't work out I have a 7 1/4 in a 69 Valiant that needs to be swapped out for a LBC 8 1/4 Ive been putting off. You help swap and bring two decent 14" LBC wheels done deal.
Valiant is near 710 fwy in south gate (burb of L.A.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back