NEED 73 dart sport snorkle scoop

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Well i just filed out return request form with yearone.I believe the scoop they sent me is for a 72-3 dart/demon not a 73-4 dart sport.There is a difference,does A-nybody have one for sale out there?Hopefully in Canada.If not hopefully I can pick one up at Moparfest in NewHamburg,Ontario next weekend.I here it,s the biggest mopar show in Canada.

I'm not sure I understand..........They should be the same scoop, except perhaps for the slight v-shaped indentation at the very front mounting lip........What do you see as the difference?

your definetly right about the indentation,also along the bottom of both sides is pretty wobbly.If Ihave to sand it down to make it fit,we,re looking at some time here also I wouldn,t want to sand past the stud inserts,just to get it straight.Yes it,s that bad.Iwill try to post pics. later.O ya do you know what this scoop cost?and shipping to Canada.I should be able to mount it in no time.

From what I've seen, the repops are running about $200. shipped (but rising) and a good original averages around $300.........but condition is everything in an original.

You can take care of a lot of the uneven glass problems (which are usually pretty slight) by using a gasket made of 1/8" black closed cell foam....BUT, it's hard to locate any more..........it self adheres to the underside of the mounting lips, and keeps the scoop from damaging the paint on the hood as well......if you gasket it correctly, you cannot see it when mounted......but it won't make up for crappy workmanship.

Look for a good used original scoop if you want the best fit....... 8)

Thanks for the advise on the gasket material,Imight have to modify it if i can,t find an original.I,m lucky I have a spare hood to use for fitting.

Found an original snorkle scoop 250.00.YeeHa!!Sending the other one back to Yearone,and get my 400 bucks back.

Good deal!..........Those studs should match up with the holes under your hood if I'm not mistaken........I believe the braces were all the same and came with the stud access holes already there.......

Found an original snorkle scoop 250.00.YeeHa!!Sending the other one back to Yearone,and get my 400 bucks back.

That one of the two I saw at Moparfest? One vendor had a 72 Demon hood with the scoop still attached for $250, quite a deal. Another had the scoop separate (and slightly damaged) for $300.

The scoop I got was from one of the ffrench guys.It was hard to see ,cause it was layying on a black tarp.It had 275.00 written on it.I paid 250.00.I figured that was fair

-
Back