-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ESP47

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone have a good 67 Valiant windshield seal? Mine is leaking water and is getting pretty old and brittle. Seems like these aren't made new anymore for some reason. Thanks.

Yeah it's a two door with the push in lock strip.

I converted my 67 cuda push in type rubber over to 68 and used the stainless steel trim. If you can get your hands on the stainless you can use a 68 and also maybe a 69 gasket. The main objective for me was get rid of the push type rubber. I have been looking for awhile at pictures of 67 cudas with push in type rubber and have NEVER seen a completed system like it came from the factory. The corners and center piece are missing or there is not lock strip at all. It needs to have the lock strip to hold the glass properly and keep it from leaking. You have to install clips to retain the stainless trim.

Attachments

• Clip loca 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Clip loca 8.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 135
Mine is correct for a 67 with the pushin strip. Can send pics after work if your interested. Pm me your info to send pics. Thanks. Mike

2 door isn't clear enough. 2 door post and 2 door no post are different.
You probably could reuse your gasket if you're willing to put several hours in its cleaning. They aren't supposed to be rubber band soft.
Some of the reproduction gaskets I've seen are too flimsy for my liking.

Sorry it's a 2 door post. I didn't know they made 2 door 67 Valiants without the post.

The car came with brand new lockstrip and corners for it. It's just the gasket is rotted pretty bad and I don't see it sealing very well no matter how clean it is. The gasket in the back looks a lot more normal to me.

I'm going to take it to a glass shop next week and see if they can install a 68 gasket. They do the best work in town but the problem is they won't come to my place to fix it and I have to see if they'll remove the windshield and then let me come down and install the clips myself. Of course the 68 looks way better but then you have the problem of having the front windshield trim looking different than the rear.

Do you guys know what other gaskets are interchangeable with this? Are 2 door Dart and Barracuda gaskets the same?

The post cars all use the same gasket and glass. its 1.5 incehes taller than the no post parts.
You can use the glass, stainless mouldings and gasket from any 68 to 76 post A-body, 2 doors or 4 doors.
The shape of the back glass changed a couple of times over the years so i can't say what models will provide gasket and stainlees there.

Sorry it's a 2 door post. I didn't know they made 2 door 67 Valiants without the post.

I was talking to my boss (auto glass center) about what you needed. He tried to look up your car but needed to know if it was a sedan or a hardtop. What confuses me is which one is a post car... the sedan or hardtop. My boss would know the answer to that question but he had a customer come in the shop.

I'm going to take it to a glass shop next week and see if they can install a 68 gasket. They do the best work in town but the problem is they won't come to my place to fix it and I have to see if they'll remove the windshield and then let me come down and install the clips myself.

Well I can say that when we do older cars that we like the customer to bring it to the shop because it is always time consuming and we have more tools to do the job at the shop. We have however done them as mobiles before if the car cant be moved from the customers house or storage.

Make sure you get the right clips. I know that when we installed my clips the ones I had didnt want to act right far as the stainless snapping on properly. My boss did some looking around and finally found a clip that would work. The main thing is when you set the clip down in the pinch weld it should be flush with the body. To high or to low and the stainless will not fit properly. I would give you the part number of the clips but I used but that got threw away. I should have wrote it down so I could tells others.

Of course the 68 looks way better but then you have the problem of having the front windshield trim looking different than the rear.

When I converted mine over I went ahead and did the back glass as well. You might want to at least order the 68 back glass rubber while you're at it.

Do you guys know what other gaskets are interchangeable with this? Are 2 door Dart and Barracuda gaskets the same?

For my 67 cuda going the stainless trim route the 68 and 69 was the only two years that would work. I could be wrong however. I ordered 68.

Good info guys. The registration itself calls the car a Sedan.

Redfish, does this mean the 2 door post cars and 4 door cars have the same windshield height?

I'll definitely do my research on here about the clips if it comes to that. I know the packs come with long clips and short clips and people have had problems with the stainless not setting properly.

I don't have the money for the back window right now but that'll come eventually if I have to swap to the 68 style. Right now my main concern is sealing the windshield so I don't have a cup of water dumped into the interior every time it rains.

All post cars includes 2 door 4 door and wagon. No post coupe and vert use the shorter glass.

Once again thank you. Lots of good info here!

I will talk to my boss Monday and see what he comes up with if we aren't extremely busy. I'll see what he can find using 68 Plymouth Valiant 2 door sedan.

I forgot to mentioned that he said that when he was looking under Valiant that it jumped from 66 to 68!!! So you might be right.... they don't make them for 67 or they just don't list them or something. Surely they make them I assume.

68-76 4 dr darts & valiants & 2dr sedans for 68-9 will work,but only 68-9 valiant (all) & 71-73 valiant 4dr sedan rear glass set up is the same. They switched all 4 dr darts & valiants to the same chasis in 74 & later

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back