Indy Heads W/ Cnc Porting
Forged 10:1 Pistions
Mopar Purple Cam W/ .509 Lift
Mp Dual Pane Intake
Holly 750
Msd 6 Al Box
Msd Pro Billet Dist.
Tti 1 7/8" Headers

Heres My Problem Turnes Out I Have A Cast Crank, I Wanted To Run N20 On Occasion But Am Woried About The Cast Crank, Does Anyone Know A Good Sorce For One. I Would Like To Try To Find One I Could Have Machined And Dont Wany To Pay The $700 For An Eagle. I Was Also Told If Someone Had One And It Was Just Laying On The Floor It Would Warp. All Input Would Be Appriciated.

Thanks

I have a friend with a mopar friendly machine shop in Canyon Texas.D&L Automotive phone 806-655-5588 ask Larry or Dallas about the crank. They'll have a straight one I bet!

BD

id get rid of that purple cam while ur at it....go getcha a good one from hughes racing

There's nothing wrong with that cam, and I'd go one step further and get a hold of a single plane manifold like an M1. :burnout:

Indy cnc ported heads and an MP dual plane? You got a bit too big a head on it IMO...

Sorry I dont have any 383 cranks lying about tho..

yea iv been thinking the same thing about the heads myself, this is my proformance build it's guess work for me if you have any suggestions that would be great. hope i should not have started a new thead for this

Well you're close to the engine that I built but I'd have to agree that the heads maybe a little agressive. Are you just building a list or have you actually purchased this stuff. I went with a set of 452 heads and did the template porting and polishing and I'm using a single plane manifold. But it's not just the engine it's the converter, tranny and gears that have to mesh together.

From what I know those heads are way too big for a 383. Indy specializes in 450 cubes and up. Those heads with the CNC porting would be marginal even on a 440. As for the crank. The nos won't hurt the cast crank so much as it would the pistons which are forged and the right choice if you plan on using nos. The crank should be OK on a 100 horse or less shot. I have a cast crank in my 360 and spin it to 6500 with no problems. That's with about 12.1 compression. Any more RPM and compression than that, you definitely want a forged crank. What RPM are you planning to turn the motor? If you use those heads and want to get power out of them your going to have to spin the motor pretty hard. That cam runs out of poop at 6K so I'd recommend taking those heads off and going with a set of Edelbrock's. I've heard from many that they love those heads for street/strip motors. As for cranks warping... so I've heard. Stick the crank in the block with the bearings bolt em down and spin it! If it turns by hand easily your ok. If you really want to be specific use a torque wrench to measure the force required to spin the crank. If it's around 6lbs or less the crank is plenty straight. How about a stroker crank for the 383? Demon seed is also mucho correct that you have to match all of your components together to make the package.

-
Back